EPP Foam Supplies in the UK

EvilC57

Does anyone know where I can get supplies of EPP foam sheet please?

I've just bought some from Robot Birds, and had a call from the chap there to say they won't be sending out any full size sheets in future, as it's such a pain to pack them for transit.

I've looked around for other suppliers, but failed to find any (and that includes eBay).

I can't be the only person left who still builds from plans, and needs full size sheets occasionally.

Any ideas?

Leeds Model Shop, Flying Wings and others don't list EPP sheets at all on their websites as far as I can see, so it sounds as though maybe they have it in the shops but don't want the pain of having to package it for sending out by post. The guy at Robot Birds indicated that they and others would no longer be sending out large delicate sheets because of this.

I can't remember whether I've seen EPP foam in trade tents at the shows around the UK recently. But I guess if it's available in future, it'll be to personal callers in the shops only.

Yes I saw that thread some tome ago thanks. To bring the info in it up to date:

Robotbirds : As I said in my original post, I’ve bought some from there, but they told me they will no longer be stocking the larger sheet sizes.

flyingwings.co.uk : Not on the website.

epp-versand.de : Appear to have it, but they’re in Germany sad

eppfoam.co.uk : Only list Depron on the website.

rcfoam.com : List it, but all their white EPP is shown as Sold Out - and they’re in America frown

epp540.com : Website seems not to exist anymore.

I guess (short of having to ring around, and potentially end up driving to a model shop half way across the country) the answer is to call the traders going to the next shows (LMA Much Marcle?), and see if they'll be taking any.