Don Valley Open Weekend 29-30th September

Free entry, free camping, tea/coffee, hot food, toilets, proof of insurance required, no A cert required, instructors on hand if you need one. All welcome.

Book in for camping please as space is limited.

Either through Mark via club website or facebook group. Or PM me for a mobile number.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 01/09/2018 21:14:38

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Should be with you guys late morning Saturday John. Looking forward to it.

BEB

PS Because the whole family have invited themselves along for weekend to visit my son (who lives in York) I will only have room for one model! I was thinking of towing my daughter on a pair of roller skates but for some reason she doesn't like the idea sad

That sounds great Chris, but I've been a bit stitched up by the family on this trip as I said earlier.

It started as I get up really early and drive to Doncaster on Saturday morning. That night I would stay with my son in York and after perhaps following a half day session back at the fly in would drive home on Sunday - fully independent, no probs, Chinese take away here I come!

Then Mrs BEB says "Oh I think I'll come too." Now that's OK of course, but she does not "do early morning"! So it turns into we go on Friday to York, and I have a bit - read quite a big "bit" - of extra luggage to accommodate. Ah well, never mind.

Then my daughter says, "well if you're both going - I come to" - and her luggage makes Mrs BEB look like a wandering nomad! Add into that she is a teacher so, doesn't finish until 4:00pm - just nice time for me to hit all the rush hour traffic in the that huge car park outside Manchester otherwise known as the M62!

I mention Sunday, I mention, well I might be fairly late back Saturday night and I get greeted with "well its up to you of course but I would have thought you'd have wanted to spend more time with Owen, after all, that's why we are going isn't it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gasp! Disbelief! The whole purpose of the trip has been hijacked by women!

All that is why, even though the Chinese take-away sounds great, I shall probably obediently trip back to base before its too dark!

BEB