Acrowot engine

Bigflyer88

So, I am wanting to get an acrowot as my next model and have been shopping around looking at appropriate engines for this plane. So far all threads have pointed to either a 50-60 2 stroke or 70-80 4 stroke however I was looking g on just engines the other day and stumbled upon the NGH GT9 9cc 2 stroke petrol engine and was wondering what you guys thought about this engine for the acrowot? Let the opinions flow 🤔

Advert

Posted by Bigflyer88 on 17/09/2018 19:16:35:
Really! So are the petrols not as powerful as the equivalent glow engines then? I wanted to go petrol as I am currently in Cyprus and glow fuel is like gold dust out here.😔

If glow is short, then you must go petrol,

You are spot on, whereby the same size glow is more powerful, due to a number of factors, including glow fuel itself

But petrol is so much cheaper, and in theory, an ignition and spark are reliable

One of the big issues with small petrol engines is the noise. As supplied they seem rarely to meet many clubs' noise tests without some effort and/or modification. It would seem that it's also a matter of DiY as there seem to be few commercial alternatives to the ones supplied.

Geoff