Gutted!

Cliff Bastow

Advert

Hi Cliff,

Sorry I don't quite follow (probably me) your comment regarding bigger inboard props (get the clearance and additional power), but are you more likely to pick up prop/motor damage when you land?

I found the lighter the trolley the better, just in case it does not depart on launch + it helps with aceleration. I still get that will it won't it moment as the model lifts off and the dolly goes one way and what seems like an age before the bungee drops away.

cal_0191.jpg

Good luck and all the best

PS a little head wind makes all the difference with mine!

Hi Chris,

As built the model flew with 7 X 5 props on the outer engines but I had to make do with 6 X 5 on the inners and even then they sometimes cut the grass! The model has quite a bit of dihedral so the outers were higher up. I did try to find some 6 x 6 to try but could not source any.

Yes I understand there is a risk of prop breakage now but I will chop the throttle just before landing and hope for the best! I have a couple of other planes that belly land and so far prop breakage has not really been a problem unless its very cold.

Cheers Cliff.

• 1 month later...

Hi Onetenor,

That was my plan yes but due to work and weather I just have not had the chance to fly her yet.

Whilst the wife was watching x factor dances on ice whilst ballroom dancing or some such other stuff, over the winter I decided to spend my time repainting her.

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 20/02/2019 16:50:43

• 3 months later...

Connie has finally flown again! Took her to the field today and tried the trolley a couple of times. It worked ok but she just did not quite get up to take-off speed. One of my club members said let me feel how heavy she is and how much power she seems to have.

Having held it while I ran up the engines he said I think it would go with a hand launch if you are up for it?

I thought what the heck lets go for it, it can go one of two ways! so he gave it a good throw and she climbed away lovely. She was a bit out of trim and needed a bit of up elevator but otherwise flew nicely. I had a nice 5 minute flight and then brought her in for a belly landing without problems.

She looked great in the air.