Acrowot foam e new fuselage - What glue?

Andy C

Whilst contemplating what plane to fiddle with next, I decided I would sort out my acrowot foam e. I was given this plane because it needed a new fuselage which I now have. It comes in 2 halves to enable fitting all the elements and then needs gluing together. So, what should I use? UHU Por, Aliphatic or Gorilla? Any experiences good or bad please?

Thanks

Advert

UHU Por, it's what it's made for. I've not used aliphatic on EPO but as it's primarily a rigid drying wood glue I don't think I'd go there. Gorilla Pu - if you can clamp the halves firmly together and don't mind the mess give it a try. I use Gorilla for repairs where the parts no longer fit together as it expands to fill gaps but it also gets everywhere that you don't want it unless you mask everything off.

I used UHU Por.

It is well documented about the poor battery access underneath. While it is still in halves, you might consider doing what I did or something similar. Makes life a whole load easier (and safer).

dscn6255.jpg

Some more images in my albums if of interest.

Thanks Geoff S.

Thanks ED but already bought the UHU.

Ian101. Can you provide more info please about your mod. I am sure I have seen a thread on here before with your photos, but have lost it now. Am also struggling to make a first cut in a brand new fuselage!

Thanks