G/daughter Xmas Pressy Buggy: Sub £50?

stu knowles

Apologies for this being completely off topic for this forum but I can't think of a better place to ask so I'm going to throw it up here. My Granddaughter is just 6 years old and I want to get her a first R/C toy.

In view of her age I think that an rc car is the best bet, indoor/outdoors, a buggy with wheels that can be used on grass and most of all Proportional Steering and Speed Control. I've been looking a what toy shops I can find in York today and not liked the look of anything I've seen, mainly because of the naff, push button control units and cheap looking plastics.

Has anyone been on this path before me and found anything decent? Suggestions much appreciated.

Many thanks,

stu k

Advert

I went through this with my son. RC cars can be tricky they seem to come in only two forms. cheap toy or expensive (and complicated) hobby cars with not much in-between . the proportional car controllers will be a little big for a six year olds hands

**LINK** not proportional but a fun starter suitable for a six year old

after that you are into hobby cars **LINK**

Sincere thanks to all who have responded. Having looked at each, I have gone with the Ripmax Rock Racer suggested by John in the second post. Hopefully the Ripmax name still counts for something these days, It looks to be fully Propo with a steering wheel handset and the price is right.

John, Thank you for pointing it out, I hadn't seen it until you posted in this thread.

I have just tracked one down at CPC Farnells in Preston and yes I have first looked at all the models shops, hoping to push the trade their way but didn't find the Monster Truck version anywhere else. Thanks to all who responded, (saved my life!)

stu k

Get her one of these Quadcopters **LINK** at one point they were selling for £8. They are good for indoors, don't damage anything, you can take them outside with no wind, stabalized, small handset for her small fingers. When she gets fed up with it you can cut them up and make a Whoover out of it . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OC8UH8UR6FUThe foam kit costs £7 I think. Get two quads and have one for flying and another for shooting around the floor.

PS I've had mine for more than a year and it's still going strong and it's a blast at indoor flying in a big room.

Edited By trebor on 14/12/2018 08:00:47

Edited By trebor on 14/12/2018 08:06:09