PFM are coming back

Paul C.

Advert

Hi All.

I'd like to confirm that PB models are indeed intending to bring PFM range back from a near 30 year hiatus.

Be under no illusion - there is an awful lot of work to be done before anything see's the light of day as everything needs re-drawing, making, cutting or moulding.

I will be sad to see it go as it was part of my life when I was a child for a couple years before it all went wrong, but I just do not have the time nor space to put in to getting it going myself.

I do not envy the task Paul has taken on - I hope that the community can work with Paul to enjoy the models again that appears to have brought back a passion for those models.

Wow excellent if teh PFM range is re-introduced and great reading the comments about Unique Models (Skyway) too and seeing the ad.

THE PFM Zlin always looked great and flew well - a couple of these were in Hastings club back in the day and flew nicely. As for the Hawk 70 one of the guys in the Hastings club had one of these in the Hastings club in 76 when I started out learning to fly and I ended up getting a plan pack in the 80's. It built nicely and flew beautifully until ... it got shot down by someone switching on their tx while I was flying at Brean in 89. I would not mind building another one tbh.

The Mini Spit was quite a nice model too, and I remember a few Gazelle's up on the Long Man of Wilmington too which looked good in the air.

Happy ending, I think - it's definitely a big job to turn the old designs into laser cut kits but its a smaller job than starting from scratch and an existing supplier is the right place to take it on.

The PFM list looked a nice selection of kits - I could go for a Team Special.

Maybe so, but, the PFM range is what PB have taken on.

But, I do agree, the old style "quick build" of foam wings and deckings has a lot going for it. Knock up a basic box, stick on the stylng bits, and then on to the install and covering stage.

Got bequeathed a skyways hawk moth I think last year.. nicely put together, but no cowl... contacted the model shop mentioned for a cowl... £40+ including postage!!.. I'm not tight but I thought that was stretching it somewhat.. I'll rummage in bargain bins at the shows for something similar... Good range and I believe nice flyers reading on this forum... would be nice to see a run of kits..

indeed percy, I'll have a rummage at the shows as last year I found loads which appeared to have been old YT International stock being sold off. and picked up quite a few various cowls for a few quid each... one of them fits my current build (DSM Excelsior.. kit for £40 but cowl was missing.. now resolved yes)... If nothing crops up, that can be fettled to resemble a Tiger Moth one.. then the blue foam it will be!!..face 9

Great comments and feelings about the PFM and Unique/Skyways models and seeing the PFM ad makes me drool. Love the Skybolt and also the Firecracker and Cranfield A1, with the Vampire close behind.

The comments about the plan/pack system for the Unique/Skyways models I thought was excellent and would be good today. I think I spent more time in tissue covering and preparation/painting my Hawk 70 than I did in it's construction. Really think that is a great way to go if you want to build but have time or workshop limitations.

" the plan/pack system for the Unique/Skyways models I thought was excellent and would be good today."

Good for the day; when other vendors now offer CNC/laser cut kits, its a knife at a gun fight.

Look at what Sarik offer for the RCME designs. All the cut parts, then buy your own sheet and strip. Or, they supply both.