New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, still busy assembling my JP.

How did you do the elevator linkage(s) - did you follow the plan? Seems a bit tight and fiddly to use wire and soldered on threaded adaptors with normal clevises.

Did you do the 'Y' linkage to both elevators? Was thinking of modifying to link the elevators with a joiner and run a single snake/wire.

What do you think?

Hi there,

On my Provost I chickened out and used 2 micro servos for the elevators which made the linkages simple - single slec small plastic snakes with metal quicklings super glued on one end - other plastic clevis super glued onto the plastic inner. The extra weigh.. grammes I really don't think makes a difference as the servos are so small, reduced load and make adjustment easier. I have done the same on the Gnat.

Steve

Dave,

Can’t beat a bit of bling !
just cutting out the bits for my gnat. Sounds like we will eventually have more model gnats flying than the RAF ever had.

Was worried about orientation problems with a single colour be red or yellow so decided on the gnat that went to RAE Bedford experimental flight which has large parts of blue underneath . I ordered my two pilots then realised the Bedford gnat was converted to a single seat! Keeping the two seats though so my will have to be from its transition phase ; must have had one I reckon.

Tim

Thanks Dave,

yes I saw your alternative . I have not joined my wing halves yet so will see which looks best when I get the fuselage together. I have been deliberately dragging my feet waiting for the fan to arrive from Banggood, which it did today. Looks really nice. I note the fan LE ring is not firmly attached to the fan duct. Is that normal? Looks like a drop of cyno is needed. Is that what others have done ?

Tim