Seagull E-Pioneer

Advert

Thankyou Charlie,what about thebattery compartment not having a hatch,if the battery should come loose,its bye bye plane,so im gonna make one,and put a couple of 20mm holes in it,ive actually emailed seaguls technical department,they left it out for the cooling of the battery.

I wouldn't put a hatch cover on. All I did was use Velcro on battery and correspnding "shelf" to stop it slipping and effecting CoG and a couple of Velcro straps (superglued to keep from losing) around shelf and battery to stop it falling out. Works a dream.

Andy

Side thrust not required flies like a dream but I did put a lid on battery compartment , made a lip using ply to push one end under and a couple of self tappers with a bit of brass soldered into the slot to make thumb screws ?. Came down once unscrewed the lid and the velcro had let go but the battery stayed put . It's had a battery fall out hence the lid , and a mid air crash and was repaired easily both times . Only other mod was to lock the steered wheel straight ahead and junk the servo , just use the rudder once you have speed up on ground . Trained on it and passed my A test with it and still get it out when I can't be bothered getting the glow fuel out ! Would recommend to anyone as a trainer over any foamy , only bettered by a Seagull Boomerang with a 4 stroke but that's another story .

Edited By Brian Dorricott 1 on 30/05/2019 18:55:32

Yep I am with Andy, no need for a cover, Velcro on battery and two Velcro straps. Keeps the ESC nice and cool.

I pass the connectors through the bulkhead so I can connect the battery via the top hatch. Makes it safer as the model is both upright and constrained.

I use the 4 max setup with 3S battery more than enough power.

Charlie

• 1 month later...

Great trainer, I passed my A test some time ago with this model, but it will take you well beyond the A test requirements, good in the wind and some spares available too, lots of fun.

There are lots of threads and help on this forum with at least 2 good articles in RCM&E (March 2008 and Jan 2013). Mine is still used occasionally and has a 4S4000, 60A Esc, EnErG C4420, and 12*6 APC power train. I use velcro to hold the battery in place but have also made a hatch out of scrap plastic to cover the LiPo which is then velcroed to the fuselage with a couple of ducts cut out of the plastic cover - just for some airflow.