Foam2Foam glue

George P.

Hi All,

I am putting together an EPO model and need to glue the stabs and fins in place. I do not want to use cyano. I have an unopened tube of Foam2Foam by Delux Materials. I was looking for feedback on what this glue is like to use and whether in your experience it is strong enough for a 4s size foam EDF?

I will have to give F2F a try. Just curious George, why don't you want to use Cyano, are you sensitised to it? I expect you know but Multiplex recommend Cyano for their 'Elapor' foam models, although they sell their own Zacki adhesive (which is very good too).

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 19/06/2019 21:28:43

I have found Foam2 Foam is excellent fills minor gaps, sets clear but does take longer to set/cure. Gorilla glue is ok ,sets quick but foams out of joints and unless painted is unsightly. Gorilla clear is also very strong but no good if joint is loose as it doesnt expand . All have their plus points and negative points. For assembly if you have the time I would go with Foam 2 Foam,

Edited By Engine Doctor on 20/06/2019 08:55:28

Thanks for the replies. I did experience symptoms and so avoid cyano now. I am surprised how many people report this as being the case. Anyway It is very useful to get feedback. I use mainly Aliphatic, Superphatic, hot glue. hinge glue and canopy glue. I have thought about Gorilla glue in place of Epoxy at times but the foaming has put me off. May try it in the future.

I have used Superphatic on foam and it works (tested to destruction) well but I have never used it on EPO tail surfaces etc.

I don't use epoxy anymore on foam since the wings fell off my HK Vampire in level flight. The epoxy just peeled off in a sheet where the wings were glued to the fuselage. I now use Gorilla glue. The original tube used said to dampen the surface with water, but now the instructions on new tubes have no mention of this. i find that it works well with out water and you don't get nearly as much foam oozing out of joints.