LMA Elvington show 2019

Yes. I took the opportunity, just after I had posted, to nip down to the allotment before it started raining. What is the saying? Human plans are a chance for the gods to have a laugh?

(I am saying that and I an an atheist?)

I dried off.

So rain on and off all afternoon. It would not have been fun on the flightline if the event had gone ahead.

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 10/08/2019 17:35:55

• 1 month later...

Hi Ken,

Been there to-day for the first time, the weather was almost perfect blue skies and the wind was almost straight down the runway.

The LMA pilots were fantastic and showed some absolutely amazing flying skills with their aircrafts. The limited trade presence was evident:-but they were positive about our sport/hobby's future and some bargains were to be had.

I bought a Blair RAF Se5a kit for £40 (should be £70).

There was good food to eat at reasonable prices .

The runway was split into two to allow the big boys / Jet jockeys to fly while at the other end was the "regular" flyers doing there thing

My highlight of the day was a young lady called Fiona.

All she wanted to do was build and fly a model aircraft, she got her chance of flying thanks' to "buddy" (she was 3yrs old) the rest is down to parents. The future is not lost.

If you get the chance go to-morrow.

Great day out

Chris and Bev

Slightly puzzled by "Blair RAF Se5a kit". I built a Flair Se5a few years back but a Blair is a new one on me. I gess it won't be the one I built if it was priced at £40.

Glad the weather was OK. It wasn't too bad at home about 12 miles east of Ashbourne. I'd scheduled another workshop session on my BC Pup but then I wondered if I should have scheduled a day's flying instead.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 12/10/2019 21:26:40:

Slightly puzzled by "Blair RAF Se5a kit". I built a Flair Se5a few years back but a Blair is a new one on me. I gess it won't be the one I built if it was priced at £40.

Glad the weather was OK. It wasn't too bad at home about 12 miles east of Ashbourne. I'd scheduled another workshop session on my BC Pup but then I wondered if I should have scheduled a day's flying instead.

Geoff

I think Chris probably meant "Belair".

Phil.