Sabre Rattling time

Hi Martin, you are talking to someone that is fanatical about saving weight

I hope to use RDS for both the flaps and the ailerons, possibly even the rudder too. never used RDS for a rudder this model should prove a good platform to try that and my new 3D printed RDS adaptors.

I noticed on Daves Sabre thread you talked about stencils, if anybody does the Luftwaffe Sabres I am happy to share the masks I cut, if it helps somebody else

Put in my SLEC order today, not quite as cheap as I expected, but what the heck, you can't take it with you.....

Cheers

Danny

Hi Ade, yes sure. I actually get a friend to print them for me as I haven't taken the plunge yet. But the beauty of this design is that they will fit any servo and are not restricted by spline size/type.

Should be able to mount all four servos in the wing root, with the RDS rods at 45 degrees to the surfaces.

Cheers

Danny

How robust are the RDS adapters Danny? I have found that PSS models tend to get more abuse due to the less clinical environment compared to a neat flying field. Assembly of models is usually out the back of the car and landings can sometimes be better described as ditchings, especially in heather and clumpy grass!

There is an RDS adapter on Thingyverse here. Is that anything like yours Danny?

23b09dca24c3f142617fc952734721e0_preview_featured.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I want to go down the RDS route too. The only accessible versions I found were on the Graupner site.

https://www.graupner.com/RDS-Servo-lead-duct/JR/3925/ A bit pricey perhaps, especially with postage. This seems to be the right size but I am no expert and was hoping to tactfully, but unashamedly, follow someone elses experience.

If someone is printing these adapters and sharing - count me in !

Edited By David Sack on 21/12/2019 08:40:27

The problem with commercial RDS adaptors is that they are manufactured to fit specific servos, more accurately their splines. These that I use are universal and bolt onto a supplied cross output arm, which virtually all servos come with.

When set up correctly they are very robust. But be aware of the weight, the longer the piano wire the more weight you are adding, so short lengths are good. I make the bearing that the torque rod rotates and passes through, out of hardwood, not metal to save weight.

Cheers

Danny.