CAA registration take-up?

Frank Skilbeck

Posted by Martin Harris on 18/01/2020 10:55:15:

Isn't the point of the organisations getting involved to distance "serious" modellers from the "buy a drone and fly it down the street" brigade?

Thinking of them; I've just been dragged around the local Lidl by Mrs EvilC57, and noticed that where the £49.95 drones were last week, there is now an empty drone box, and a sign above saying that "If you wish to buy this item please speak to a member of staff, who will be happy to assist you.".

So it looks as though maybe at least Lidl are aware that they need to advise any of the prospective "buy a drone and fly it down the street" brigade, that they need to be aware of the legislation first.

Advert

It would seem the BMFA have already submitted some names to the CAA as some of my fellow club members have their numbers already wihile others have not. I assumed it might be due to alphabetical order but on checking the names it seems not. The club have paid BMFA all at the same time so thats not the reason. Perhaps some other order like BMFA number order?

Posted by kc on 19/01/2020 16:54:16:

It would seem the BMFA have already submitted some names to the CAA as some of my fellow club members have their numbers already wihile others have not. I assumed it might be due to alphabetical order but on checking the names it seems not. The club have paid BMFA all at the same time so thats not the reason. Perhaps some other order like BMFA number order?

No data sent to the CAA yet, any of your members with operator.ids must have gone direct to the CAA

Posted by AndyD on 19/01/2020 17:00:36:

spoken to three people this week two who are work friends and all now have drones and not one new about the new laws and have no intention about registering so looks like a losing battle to me.

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I’ve said all along, that the people most likely to register are those (us) who are least likely to offend. There must be thousands who buy drones on a whim, and know nothing of the CAA, BMFA or any regulations.