Traditional build that can use my 3S 2200 batteries

Nigel Heather

Advert

A 3s2200 gives you up to about 300W max on the motor for a sensible flight time. So anything that is 2lbs would suit, possibly 3lbs for a floater.

Peter Miller's Ohmen fits the bill. A clubmate built one, and it looks lovely.

Alternatively, something smaller that was designed for NiCad, so needs the nose weight. I have done that for my Tony Nijhuis ~30" SE5a. Waaaaay too much battery capacity for the model, but helped with balancing.

Edit: For traditional and not ballistic, there is always the Junior 60. People seem to run them on 3s2200.

Edited By Dad_flyer on 29/01/2020 19:38:06

Posted by brokenenglish on 30/01/2020 10:17:51:

For me, "traditional build" means vintage, and there must be literally hundreds of vintage models that would be suitable for the 3S 2200 mAh.

No that isn't what I meant. I means a sports aircraft but using traditional build rather than foam. If that is wrong then I have posted in the wrong forum.

Cheers,

Nigel

Posted by Nigel Heather on 30/01/2020 10:23:21:
Posted by brokenenglish on 30/01/2020 10:17:51:

For me, "traditional build" means vintage, and there must be literally hundreds of vintage models that would be suitable for the 3S 2200 mAh.

No that isn't what I meant. I means a sports aircraft but using traditional build rather than foam. If that is wrong then I have posted in the wrong forum.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes, good old balsa and ply. That is what I always use and traditional is just the right name for it