Hitec Optic 6 Sport

Keith Orr 1

I have a Hitec Optic 6 transmitter and have managed to link it to an Optima receiver in a model a few months ago, this I called Model No 1.

I have built another model and therefore want to link another new receiver, I have called the new model Model No 2 in the transmitter memory.

I try to link as per manual but the transmitter does not seem to want to go into search mode, when I hold down the link button and switch on the link indicator glows solid red, no flashing. Regardless of this I have switched on the new receiver holding down the link button and it does flash???

It would appear that I am doing something wrong but cannot see what, can anyone help, please.

By the way the receiver in No 1 model operates as normal with the transmitter.

Advert

Keith reading the instructions the LED on the Tx should start blinking to indicate it is looking for a receiver, this would suggest that for some reason when you release the button on the back of the Tx after you have switched it on that it is not entering the bind mode. If the Tx is not in bind mode then the receiver won't bind to it. Your other receiver will continue to work because it has already bound to that Tx.

Maybe you are not holding down the button long enough when you power up the transmitter.

Brian, we buddy using a Master and a Slave

The Master is Bound to the model

The Slave, Switched Off Not Transmitting, is plugged into the Master

Therefore, the Slave is just offering its Sticks

I say all this as I did manage a Spekrum to a Hi tec Slave

But I never got a Hi tec Master to work a Spektrum as Slave

In the interests of safety

Get Paired units of the Same Make

Hi Keith,

I have been trying this with my old Optic 6, which I don't use much these days since switching to an Aurora 9X, so I've been re-learning it.

When I hold down the link button on the back of the Tx while switching on, the LED immediately starts flashing, no waiting involved. To link to an Optima Rx it needs to be flashing red. If it is flashing blue (for Minima Rx), press and hold the link button again for a couple of seconds and the flashing should swap from the blue to the red LED. Then you can turn on the Rx while also pressing its link button, as per the instructions.

If the Tx LED is flashing blue, it won't ever bind to the Optima Rx. If the Tx LED is not flashing at all after powering up with the button pressed, it sounds like something wrong.

My Optic linked first try when following the instructions just now, no problem.

I appreciate that maybe money is tight, but I can recommend the Hitec Flash 7 Tx as a big improvement over the Optic 6, with a much more user friendly menu system and a better quality feel. You should be able to pick one up secondhand for a reasonable price, since Hitec gear is going a little "out of fashion" these days. However, my Hitec gear has always been 100% reliable and never any interference problems.

Keith, I was referring to the optima rx's been different to the minima rx's both made by Hitec…..they reckon you need to have the tx and rx spaced apart by a couple of feet when binding and also I would do it away from any other electrical stuff nearby… keep going you should get there...more so if it bound the first set up ok...

ken anderson...ne...1...hitec dept.