How to set up ailerons on separate channels (T10J)

Tim Donald

I'm trying to set up a Wot 4 Foam-E but want to use a channel for each aileron so that I can adjust the throws individually rather then using the supplied Y-lead. I have set it up as aerobatic model on the Tx but if I use aileron differential in the settings it wants the second aileron to be on channel 7 (it's only a 6 channel receiver). Anybody know how I can do this? It's only using 5 channels so don't want to use an 8 channel receiver just because the Tx will only use channel 7 for the second aileron.

Thanks all. Yes Futaba T10J Tx.

Not sure about slaving ch5 to ch7 Bob but I will have a look at doing that thanks. It must be a very common thing for people to want to do (unless it's a sneaky ploy by Futaba to make you buy more expensive receivers !)

Thanks John, trying to avoid messing around with the mechanicals as it came pre-assembled. Also wanted the option lowering both ailerons for flaps.

The simple way is to use an 8 channel receiver. Select Ail Differential and put L Ail on channel 1 and R Ail on channel 7. I have just done this on my new Hangar 9 Valiant.10cc. Then simply adjust end points to get the throws u need.

One bonus with 8 channel rec is that u can monitor the receiver battery on the Tx,

Edited By Low pass Pete on 07/03/2020 14:44:10

To be brutal, you don't need differential or flaperons on a Wot 4 Foam-E, they don't fly accurately or consistently enough to worry about adverse yaw and they fly so slowly as standard that flaps wont provide much benefit. Unless you go full hooligan in which case flaperons could be coupled with elevator for silly tight loops and the like.