Any ideas what it is?

Bob Cotsford

I have this engine as a momento from a recently deceased friend. Can anyone tell me what it is? At first I thought it was a Mills clone, on closer examination I think it's just a side intake diesel of recent make. 65mm tall excluding comp screw, 45 mm long excluding carb. The prop nut seems to be M3 and the prop driver has a 7mm spigot to locate the prop. Mounting bolt spacing is 27mm.

Wazzit1.jpg

Wazzit2.jpg

Wazzit3.jpgWazzit4.jpg

There's no slop in the crank bearing and it has compression, if I can find an 8*4 prop and some diesel I might try running it.

Nice engine Bob, I have a couple, the tank came as an all aluminium affair but you could buy the clear plastic replacement as I think you have there, a lot easier to use in freeflight models with a clear tank, they are a beautifully made piece of man jewellery!👍🏻

Posted by Dad_flyer on 21/03/2020 19:35:33:

Kakadu from the very first issue of RCM&E calls for a .6cc

My build has stalled a bit from indecision and lack of 3/32 soft. It will be a neutered electric, your engine would make a proper version for the anniversary. If deliveries still happen I hope to be back on mine next week.

I do like that DF, and I'm pretty sure I have a few sheets of 3/32 and I could always strip some 1/4" sq. and 1/8"*3/16". One download coming up!  Alternately I've an itch to build another Wingamagig, I built one when it was published in 1982 in Radio Modeller.  That one started with a pusher Cox .049 and ended with a 2S electric motor up front.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 21/03/2020 22:30:27