Will this motor be ok

Advert

In simple terms, the power output of a motor is decided by the kv, the prop size, and the battery used, so for the same battery and prop the two motors would have similar power outputs as they are the same kv.

The two motors may well be very different in weight so getting the CG right could be your biggest problem. Do you have brand names for the recommended motor and the one you have? if so it should be easy to check weights online.

Dick

Usually 2215 is 22mm diameter by 15mm long and 2214 will be 22mm diameter and 14mm long it is showing the same 1400 KV rating as revs per volts so it may be that little bit lighter but give same power output. As mentioned above the weight will have influence on c of g and possible mounting fixtures.

Maker of motors would be big help to trace down on google

Hi Dickw. Thanks for getting back. Oh! thanks everyone. The motor that would of come with it is a Volantex 2216 1400KV Brushless The motor i have is a RoHS Racestar BR2814-1400kv. using a 8x4 pusher prop I found spec on the racestar i want to use, but not the Volantex.
8" would be the largest prop i could use being a pusher type plane. & all will fit ok. Motor & prop.

Model KV
(rpm/V)
Voltage
(V)
Prop Load Current
(A)
Pull
(g)
Power
(W)
Efficiency
(g/W)
BR2814 1400 11.1 9x6 47.5 1950 522 3.7
14.8 8x5 58.0 2300 858 2.7

Edited By Christopher Morris 2 on 19/04/2020 11:57:44

Edited By Christopher Morris 2 on 19/04/2020 11:58:47

Re the power - I agree with Dick, since the motors are both the same KV using the same size prop & battery should give the same power. Albeit the heavier motor will have more potential power if a larger prop or higher voltage battery were to be used perhaps in a different model.

The position of the motor on the Ranger makes it's weight less critical than it would be with most other models regarding the cg.

I'm using a 1400 KV motor on 3s lipo with a Graupner 8x4.5 folder on a "warm liner" glider.
Current = 20A ; power = 200W ; RPM = 12500 - that's equivalent to a decent 15 ic engine.
Advantage of a folding prop on the Ranger would be reduced drag on the glide.

I personally doubt the Volantex 2216 1400kv motor is 22mm in diameter, more likely 28mm dia. (27.7mm, if one is being picky). Many 22xx motors are infact 28mm dia. sometimes the '22' can refer to the length of the magnets? So I would gues it is likely to be very similar to the motor you have Christopher although the Volantex motor may be a little longer. In any event as others have said, the kv is the same so if you fit your chosen prop (8x5in?) and connect it to a Watt meter and you get around 200W+, you are in the right ball park hopefullly. Just check the mounting holes are the correct spacing for the model mount - normally 16mm or 19mm on a 28mm dia. motor. If you don't have a Watt Meter do get one as you will find it very useful. Good luck.

ps. what battery are you planning to use?

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 19/04/2020 14:28:42