Ballerina Bi-plane

Advert

dscf2344.jpgI surpose I had better start thinking of covering and colour schemes,well I have finally fitted the motor and radial and its fits quite good,also managed to dredge the bottom of the barrel and find and fit control horns and wing servos.the elevator and rudder servos will have to wait a while until I work out the balance as on my normal ballerina I fitted the servos under the tail as it was very nose heavy.dscf2343.jpg

not what I intended for the bottom but came across half a sheet of solar trim plus it was a quick and easy scheme to do,a careful measure of the white as I only just had enough to finish it then on the last aileron top I messed up so had to patch it but hopefully I can hide it a bit more when I sort the top scheme although you have to look for the patch.dscf2349.jpg

Posted by AndyD on 06/06/2020 18:58:58:

i shall have to try this HK film as ive heard a lot of good things about it,this easycoat even on a very low heat seems to go crinkley and brittle but once on don't seem to bad.

Only problem with HK film is that there is a bleed through of the white adhesive on the edges when mixing two colours. This can be cleaned with solvent and is a small price to pay when you consider value for money.

dscf2350.jpgdscf2351.jpgdscf2352.jpgdscf2353.jpgwell ive got about as far as I can go until I get some new batterys but ive just spent the money on a new tranny so it might be a while, ive come to the conclusion that my covering skills havent got any better in 40 years,if any thing they have got worse as when I first started I was using my mums house hold iron,eventually she gave it to me as I was always leaving in a bit of a state.dscf2355.jpg