What do you use ?

With my ever growing array of batts & deliberation over buying a charger that will do more than one batt at a time, I just thought I'd throw it out there to all you experienced flyers as I am bewildered by the choice available these days:

• How many do you charge at once ?
  • What charger or combination of charger and PSU ?

Cheers,

Paul

Advert

I have a GT Power X4 Charger it's 4 channels at 100W per channel. It can charge 4 batteries at once. You can charge different types of battery at the same time as well. I also have 4, 50watt single channel chargers so technically I can charge 8 batteries at the same time. I tend to only use the GT power charger though. I use them on mains at home, I don't or haven't yet done any field charging.

Edited By Keith Sharples on 09/05/2020 12:09:45

Another vote for more than one charger in case one fails (I have had that happen a couple of times).

My basic setup is 3 chargers (2 x 10s and 1 x 6s) and often have all three in use at the same time, both at home and in the field. Since I do "field charge" quite often all my chargers are 12v ones and I use a converted "server" power supply to run them from at home.

A multi-output charger would be a consideration (only if they did 10s ones in my case) but don't throw out the old chargers - just in case.

Dick

I use a couple of chargers at a time, pretty much universally charge only at the field, from a pair of leisure batteries and find that works well for me. In the event of wanting to charge at home, which is extremely rare, I have a pair of 20amp power supplies, one from Simprop and I don;t temember the make of the other. My default chargers are a Turnigy Reaktor and a iCharger i206B. The latter I only use for up to 3 cells, but the Reaktor I use up to 6 cells. The Reaktor is a good, cost-effective piece of kit.

In the workshop I have other chargers too, which are usually used for NiMhs in receiver packs, but are also Lipo capable, comprising a Graupner Ultramat 16 and a Graupner Ultra Duo 30 (non-balancing) which can charge more than one pack at a time, but have never really seen the need for that capability.

B6 (blue) chargers with built-in mains transformers. These also have the option of being able to be used from a 12v source (car battery). . I have six of them.

Also, the Turnigy Accucell chargers. These are the equivalent of the B6 chargers but need a separate (laptop type) power supply. . I have two of these.

Between that lot, I can just about keep up with the demands of charging the fleet whether it is for IC models or vegetarian electric thingies. wink

B.C.