4mm battery connector

Hi Dad_flyer.
First thing to check is the shroud is not a 3.5mm one, same as come supplied with brushless motors.
1/2mm difference is not easy to spot. Front (non-fluted) part of the plug will go in but that's all.
If your shroud is definitely 4mm then try compressing the flutes very gently with a pair of pliers. Too easy to compress too much and end up with a loose fit, so gently does it.
As an aside, I get my plugs from Blacksmith products, here.
Note they actually do two varieties.
C0403 is 20.4mm in length, but C0401 is only 14.9mm. Handy if you need a shorter connector for tight instals.
Cheers
Jeff

Yes, that would work I think. Thanks DD, time to unsolder.

I do use XT60s on everything else, but this model came with batteries and everything wired up, so I thought I would leave it and just make a charging cable.

Edit: thanks John too, I had mis-read your post and thought it was different. blush 

Edited By Dad_flyer on 24/05/2020 21:44:21

Edited By Dad_flyer on 24/05/2020 21:45:59

Edited By Dad_flyer on 24/05/2020 22:04:30

I have found heating the plastic a bit to soften it helps and to push them in using a thin screwdriver onto the back of the bullet where the cable is soldered in. There is an internal lip in the plastic housing that goes into the recess in the bullet connector, when the plastic is cold it is a tight fit. But be careful not to get them too hot, use a mug of warm water, not a hot air gun, experience shows a hot air gun is too hot.

I used these a lot for a number of years until I found that they are unsafe as you can connect 2 batteries together by accident as they are not gendered pairs. I now use XT90s.

Hi DF

Sorry, I misread what you were trying to do.

Other posters are correct, wire goes through the housing first, then solder plugs on.

Word of warning. The plugs are a very tight fit in the housing. Using the wire to pull them back risks damaging the solder joint.

What you do is to slide the plug in as far as it will go, then find a loose plug of the opposite gender and slide it onto the plug in the housing, so that the extra plug extends beyond the plastic. Then press the plug down on a hard surface until it snaps into place. Slide off the extra plug and Bob's your proverbial.

Make sure you have all your connections right before you do this. once in the plug will NOT come out. Only way to remove it will be to cut the housing apart.

Good luck

Jeff

Posted by Jeffrey Cottrell 2 on 24/05/2020 22:38:00:

Hi DF

Sorry, I misread what you were trying to do.

My fault, without the picture my question made no sense.

I did exactly as you said with some spare connectors. A firm push and in they go.