Poor Service from Banggood- Buyer Beware!

Advert

Posted by Steve J on 10/06/2020 10:03:58:
Posted by Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 10/06/2020 09:47:09:

If you buy cheap, you'll buy twice.

Not necessarily, but you have to know what you are doing and be prepared to write off the purchase. I've bought lots of stuff from banggood, mostly small orders of electronic bits, and I am happy with what arrived.

This is my experience too. Small items have arrived (one in twenty-odd orders did not arrive and was refunded).

In general, anything that I might want to return, I buy locally. Items from BG have been generally very good but if not of the quality I expect, I just write them off. I also try to keep my orders below £15 to ensure that I don't get caught for duty and tax.

Edited By David Hall 9 on 10/06/2020 13:30:49

Posted by Tosh McCaber on 10/06/2020 07:42:13:

Richard, much as we would like to buy from UK suppliers, tragically, a huge amount of what we we want online is only available via China (BG, HK, etc.)- this camera for example.

Edited By Tosh McCaber on 10/06/2020 07:42:41

Fake ones are. You've now bought two.

Come on - do you really expect to get a 'good quality' camera for 12 quid  or  think David Attenborough uses a   'Professional' waterproof night vision 20 quid one for taking videos of fish in the dark

Edited By Richard Clark 2 on 10/06/2020 13:38:10

I have some sympathy with Far Eastern factories and distributors at the moment; the global issues have slashed the freight options, and anti-transmission measures have slowed freight to a trickle.

that would maybe explain the recent addition of shipping charges at BG, personally I have noticed delivery is quicker just now

RCAddict, things vary from supplier to supplier. Reduced staff obviously reduce the ability to fulfil orders. The big issue relates to the location of stock. If stock has to come from China, lead-times are typically 8 weeks over sea, assuming the shipment is ready to go and isn't undue held at either end. This is working at the moment, although capacity is slightly down. The big problem is air freight. Shipments that are more urgent make use of consolidated air freight which uses cargo space on commercial flights (as well as purely freight flights). Because of the massive reduction in the number of commercial flights, freight space is at a premium, and expensive.

Graham

Posted by Nigel R on 10/06/2020 08:18:22:

"Hobbyking. Always ordered them from the UK warehouse though."

To which, UK trading laws apply smiley

I don't think so - look at your receipt, you are transacting with an offshore entity so I can't see how that can be the case. Caveat emptor...

Edited By MattyB on 10/06/2020 16:38:28

Hi Guys
Another +1 for Bangood, in two respects.
First of all, looking for an 8 x 4 bendy prop for a current project.
GWS do one, but I couldn't find them anywhere until I came to BG.
They were offering a pack of 10, from their UK warehouse, for the princely sum of £3.39.
Too good to be true? Well they arrived this morning, That's only 5 days from placing the order, and 3 from their despatch.
Only trouble is I don't know what to do with the other 9!
Second, placed an order with their CN warehouse for a small item.
This was shipped on 3rd June, and tracking says it is now in this country, awaiting my local courier.
Contrast this with the same item, ordered from another well known chinese retailer (no names, no pack drill)
This was supposedly shipped on the 18th April, but to this date has not even reached their local post office.
They have promised to launch an enquiry as to where my goods are, but that could take another 2 - 4 weeks.
PayPal, here I come.
Jeff

Posted by Paul Marsh on 10/06/2020 09:30:05:

Rapid RC, do many Hobbyking items, and they are based in the UK. Give them your business as they need it, especially now,there are no shows on (which they attend).

Rapid RC

yes + 1 for Rapid Rc Excellent shop , although not sure they sell the camera mentioned in OP

yesyes re the Rubbish fake Futaba servos .A few posts on here about those

Also be aware when buying from e-bay any item is listed as UK stock. I recently ordered some items from whet I thought was a UK supplier . The items were rubbish and I asked for a refund . They said sure send them back and we will refund . Not a problem if in UK but they wanted them sent to Australia ! Obviously to put you off from sending back . I did argue a good price refund and adapted the items but will in future refer it to e-bay and PayPal

Always bear in mind that Banggood is just a Chinese based 'general trading company'. It doesn't make anything, nor is it an 'official agent' for anything you have ever heard of.

As such it buys almost anything that is going cheap, from garden buckets through car parts to watches and jewellery. Then it sells it to you.

Most of it is 'unbranded' and anything that is branded, including rc equipment and cameras, is almost certainly fake.

UK trading laws? No chance.

IMHO, this all boils down to using one's judgement.......pay more from a UK supplier who will be putting his neck on the line by dealing Chinese firms and importing the stuff in the first place, along with the subsequent warranty claims & change of mind refunds etc that are covered by UK distance selling regulations - god bless 'em..........Or go direct and take the risk yourself..........TBH, providing the savings that might be made are worthwhile, or an item is simply not available from the UK, then the risk of total failure of the order and loss of money is actually not particularly high in my experience. Not zero of course, and I've come unstuck a couple of times, but only on low value items that have been easily offset by the savings from 'good' purchases.

I've steered clear of BG and HK for some time now and what little I am spending on the hobby at the moment tends to go to the Ebay traders that I favour, and who give excellent service for odds and ends.

Funnily enough I had to return a non modelling item to a UK online retailer yesterday for a warranty claim. The motorbike disc lock that I bought a while back April has become unreliable, and threatens to strand me by refusing to unlock and sometimes takes quite a bit of fiddling about with to release. Posted it back with an RMA, at my expense, and expect a full refund against a better quality item and refund of my postage!

Edited By Cuban8 on 11/06/2020 13:56:58

Posted by Richard Clark 2 on 11/06/2020 13:37:20:

Always bear in mind that Banggood is just a Chinese based 'general trading company'. It doesn't make anything, nor is it an 'official agent' for anything you have ever heard of.

As such it buys almost anything that is going cheap, from garden buckets through car parts to watches and jewellery. Then it sells it to you.

Most of it is 'unbranded' and anything that is branded, including rc equipment and cameras, is almost certainly fake.

UK trading laws? No chance.

I agree i looked into them a while back and their are other companies that offer the same products and operate in the same way as Bang Not so Good. .

Look at almost anything made with plastic and it will probable of come from china, So if you but plastic props or anything plastic and cheap it will probable be ok.

I use to buy little bits from them keeping the total cost low and i usually got my goods ok more than likely fake though.

My girl friend wanted some wonder clips to do some sewing and they where expensive for what they are and so we bought some from Bang not so Good and we received some clips that looked like wonder clips and they worked but defiantly fake you could tell the differences compared to the real ones.

So if you are happy with fake look a likes then you pays your money and you takes your chance.

Steve

The SJ camera i bought from them was a fake.

Now what was strange was it came by carrier and not the usual postman as all my other parcels from them.

The black bag parcel was sealed with no evidence of being tampered with it also came from a uk warehouse on spitfire way on opening the parcel the box still had tape over the opening however the bottom of the box was open.

So i think someone in the warehouse seen an opportunity of swapping a fake for a real and bagging themselves a Quality camera for private sale or keeps who knows.

Steve

Posted by Stephen Jones on 11/06/2020 14:00:13:

I agree i looked into them a while back and their are other companies that offer the same products and operate in the same way as Bang Not so Good. .

Look at almost anything made with plastic and it will probable of come from china, So if you but plastic props or anything plastic and cheap it will probable be ok.

I use to buy little bits from them keeping the total cost low and i usually got my goods ok more than likely fake though.

My girl friend wanted some wonder clips to do some sewing and they where expensive for what they are and so we bought some from Bang not so Good and we received some clips that looked like wonder clips and they worked but defiantly fake you could tell the differences compared to the real ones.

So if you are happy with fake look a likes then you pays your money and you takes your chance.

Steve

Fake stuff is fine if you buy it only for the looks. - we've got a 'Renoir' painting and he certainly didn't paint on MDF

But if it has to actually 'work' like toy plane stuff has to do, never!!!

Edited By Richard Clark 2 on 11/06/2020 14:19:41