Spectrum DXS tx and AR410 Rx combo

Rich Griff

More than 1 model memory would be nice but I have very limited funds.

Each model would be trimmed out with the tx trims, then adjusted mechanically, in theory at least.

A note book with each individual models trim needs would surfice, but then again it's all down to cost really.

Edited By Rich Griff on 11/01/2021 09:43:13

Posted by Rich Griff on 11/01/2021 09:42:13:

More than 1 model memory would be nice but I have very limited funds.

Each model would be trimmed out with the tx trims, then adjusted mechanically, in theory at least.

A note book with each individual models trim needs would surfice, but then again it's all down to cost really.

Edited By Rich Griff on 11/01/2021 09:43:13

You could pick up a used dx6 or dx6i from the well known auction site and have it checked out by the Spektrum service guy at Al's hobbies. If you have more than one model which you fly regularly, you will soon get fed up of making the necessary trim adjustments every time you change model.

I would not advise buying a s/h Tx from anyone you don't know - anything could have happened to it and an intermittant fault could be the reason for sale. Cheaper in the long run to buy new.

Genuine Futaba servos will need the little tab removed and maybe a slight rounding to the plug to fit in Spektrum and other Rx and extension leads. It means it can be plugged in the wrong way around and doesn't work but no harm is done just turn it round.

Edited By kc on 11/01/2021 13:41:06

For decades everyone used Tx without any memories so it's easily possible to manage without if you have to. Biggest problem is when switching models you fail to reverse a servo and cause a crash! In the past we used to make sure all models needed the servo going the same way in all models. Bit tricky with ready built model or separate aileron servos etc. A thorough pre flight check is needed every time you change models and double checking the ailerons!

Yep, always pre flight check, even valley gets that wrong on occasion...

Nose up full throttle etc etc etc...

A ready built will need a lottery win...

Good idea about servo orientation and movement direction is a good idea....

All my model planes have same position and operation, just a thing I like to do...from the days of non servo reversing...