Two old boys mucking about with guitars

cymaz

Not everyones cup of tea. Harry Chapin just sings great stories a proper minstrel. Without him, and John Denver, there would probably have beeb no Band Aid. Theres a 40 min video on youtube about his life good viewing. A tear dropper in Taxi and Taxi the Sequel. And if you want a good sing along feel good try All my Lifes Circle the live version from the Album Greatest Stories Live. Might have it played at my funeral !

One of my favourite guitar pickers in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGU63KqXuZk

About 40 years ago, I was in the audience for the Radio One In Concert recording of Richard Thompson and realised there was a bit more guitar being played than just the great RT himself - there was a chap with a Telecaster, a mop of hair, and a big smile hiding by the backline amps.

Yep, it was Albert Lee, just helping out an old mate. Not a bad line-up for a free gig!

Thanks John, enjoyed that Metallica track.

Do you know ZZ Top's "Eliminator" CD?

How about Beth Hart ?

We know Ellie Lee/Blues Fury from seeing her in FL, there are some on Youtube which are worth a listen including her version of Santana's Europa

Better close down now before it all gets frozen...see you on the other side

Rgds DC

• 2 weeks later...