Talk Talk....any users?

fly boy3

Advert

Posted by Mick Cass on 03/02/2021 18:55:45:

I use TalkTalk, and the call blocker is simple to use, but quite a few of the scammers use multiple numbers, and you may have to block several numbers to stop the calls.

We seem to have different Talk Talk call blockers.

The version available to me is one that invites new callers to leave a short message (Hi it's Fred from the shop...etc) which is then played to the user, then allowing the user to accept the call this time only, reject the call or accept and add to the caller to the accepted list (they then get right through when they dial). I never have to manage phone numbers.

Most that call never take the time to leave the message/introduction (barr one call from IPSOS), and likely would be blocked anyway...it's not worth their time, I guess.

Yes their Call Barring number is very effective.

After the junk or nuisance call, just hang up and then dial 14258.

You then get the option of stating whether the call was 'fraudulent' or 'nuisance'.

My landline was exploding twice a day or so with junk calls - hardly ever get them any more.

Hi Jonathon, first call today was from the Amazon lady giving me nonsense regarding Prime. I did what you suggested after the call, TT repeated the Amazon junk number, then told
me to press Starr button twice. Hope this sorts out the problem. Thank you all for your help.

I started with AOL which was lousy so changed to TT, then a week later it was taken over by AOL! Had nothing but problems with the router which needed a complex weekly reset. Went to BT and they have now completely screwed up their email, no doubt by some IT guy sitting at home twiddling his thumbs for something to do, but at least it is fairly reliable and I no longer get many nuisance calls.