New flying rules from 29th March

sharpy1071

Advert

On 27/03/2021 at 13:42, gangster said:

In this modern world there is a lot to ponder. It is easy for those who don’t carry the burden of responsibility to say how easy and simple it is. It must be great to be able to be able to fly in the knowledge that the magic fairies provide the facility.

You seem to have assumed that my comments on there being no need to ponder are based on guesswork or ignorance, but I’m not sure why. I am Sec of a club and can assure you we read the revised regs carefully as would any committee, but as per the BMFA guidance it quickly became clear the situation was essentially identical to that before lockdown 3. There is therefore no need to ponder in great detail again - whatever you chose to do last time (fly or not, depending on your clubs situation and facilities) will be your position now.  

Edited by MattyB

Got to the site at 14.00 hrs, to find a few cars parked up. Met a few old faces and a few new ones.

Flew the Easy Glider Pro, to calm the nerves, the the Leccy boomerang, broke the prop on that, mind you it is only half an inch off the deck, it showed up my rustyness.

I maidened the Spartan, she needs more down thrust and more rudder/elevator movement, but the wind was too high for anything else.

Had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

D.D.

IMG_9804.thumb.JPG.fa1a3436cea19a1ad73154e6f31365c5.JPG

IMG_20210330_150114.thumb.jpg.cbd152fa8ea715ee869a86e9db9a97f0.jpg

IMG_20210330_150127.thumb.jpg.6ab2fdcdee60108d053e2be61db4a612.jpg

IMG_20210330_150132.thumb.jpg.53346b8e93cc3df7f6cb8afffab96bfc.jpg

IMG_20210330_150136.thumb.jpg.aaac7afeb4543b6ef2bf531bbadad91f.jpg

IMG_20210330_161548.thumb.jpg.fe97a0776ab922bdc5eb5a78aca29722.jpg

IMG_9816.thumb.JPG.3011620ce02f5e8c598cf8937c610e27.JPG

The Galley...!!

IMG_20210330_153852.thumb.jpg.b512b38f379f321db14ed7e3b15eaca1.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MattyB said:

You seem to have assumed that my comments on there being no need to ponder are based on guesswork or ignorance, but I’m not sure why. I am Sec of a club and can assure you we read the revised regs carefully as would any committee, but as per the BMFA guidance it quickly became clear the situation was essentially identical to that before lockdown 3. There is therefore no need to ponder in great detail again - whatever you chose to do last time (fly or not, depending on your clubs situation and facilities) will be your position now.  

No way was my answer meant to be critical. Ok Ponder may not quite be the word . You yourself used the words read carefully. Yes we had to do that. Comments on this thread suggested committee members could be considered jobs worth by those not realising the responsibility resting on committee members shoulders.  As a sec you will be all to well aware of this. Surely you and I are looking at this from the same direction. Ponder or not it took three hours of my life to weigh up the 6 steps, consider and reappraise the precautions, and update the risk appraisal, liaise with other committee members update the members and consult the landlord. I am not even the secretary, no one put their hands up for the post. We are fortunate however that core members are grateful .I hope this clears up any misunderstanding

Great day had by a few..... max 3 on field in morning, two in afternoon.  Was nice to fly, and have the social interaction - seems strange saying that as I am generally a little anti-social ?

As far as I know, the layoff only resulted in one badly damaged model. Were a few near misses though.

GG

P.S. Sorry I caused a debate with my tongue in cheek comment about 'pondering' earlier in the thread. I sometimes forget that we are a small club, and are fairly relaxed but sensible, so no need for any additional guidance.

• Like 1