upgrading Futaba FASST Tx - any recommendations ?

Afternoon all. I am currently using my trusty Futaba T9ZAP with a 2.4 module to run all my models with FASST rx's.

I am considering treating myself to a new Futaba Transmitter but it needs to be FASST as i am not changing all my current models receivers.

What is everyone running and how easy to get on with ?

cheers in advance 

Richard

Richard,

If you have any of the older FRSky FASST compatible receivers you may want to find a 14FG that hasn't had an upgrade past V4 to retain compatibility with your current stock. The firmware upgrade that introduced the LBT version of FASST is known not to be safe to use with older third party receivers since they didn't anticipate this change. All Futaba brand receivers are guaranteed to work with any firmware version.

My view is that as only the most expensive new TX can now function with FASST it's better to buy the less expensive FHSS TX &  start  gradually changing to the newer type RX while keeping the old TX for the old RX.   Investing a lot of money in a TX will only make one reluctant to scrap it if shows any problem.   Reliability is everything in RC.

Futaba are slowly but surely killing off FASST, and unfortunately for you it is one protocol that doesn’t feature in the MPM radios because of the proprietary chipset they use so there is no low cost option to extend the life of your existing RXs. I would therefore keep your existing TX to run those for now, and start a slow migration to a newer protocol as @kc suggests, be that Futaba or another brand. If you go Futaba again forget buying any more FASST RXs - they are a dead end.