Retailer stock levels

ED I think that was aimed at me.

Tongue in cheek, yes.

I'm not bashing anyone.

But. A point. Stock control on some items like this with supplier stock is not down to the shop, if you call then they may only be able to look at the same data as you already can.

That's a Paypal issue and nothing to do with KLM. 

I suspect that a live website tied tied into the EPOS and inventory system is a pricy thing to buy, install, maintain, update etc and if it goes down would REALLY mess things up for them. 

I also doubt that a kit is a major item for them. It's a large box taking up space that may sell for a tiny profit. It's just another piece of inventory and they probably make more money by selling many small items instead of one big item. 

I would like to hear KLM side of this for balance. 

On 05/07/2021 at 08:41, Andrew Calcutt said:

True in all walks of life,but the customer is always right!

There is a point to be made here about having rights, and being right. 

The customer has rights, but it does not follow that the customer is always right. The retailer has rights also, such as not having to give service to rude, aggressive or otherwise antisocial members of the public. 

For example: moaning about a retailer on a forum without giving them the opportunity to reply just because you have been slightly inconvenienced by them once in the middle of a global pandemic. 

• Like 4

ordered a seagull models fly baby from Kings Lynn models yesterday evening ,as the we’re showing stock .I got a call this morning saying they were out of stock and no stock at the wholesalers 

So, at the open of business, KLM discover the stock error and immediately refund. The stock error might even not be their system, given that it is 'supplier stock'

And the money is with paypal at this point?

Perhaps I miss something but (a) that mainly seems like a paypal problem and (b) I'm struggling to see that KLM have actually done that much wrong.

3 hours ago, Nigel R said:

So, at the open of business, KLM discover the stock error and immediately refund. The stock error might even not be their system, given that it is 'supplier stock'

And the money is with paypal at this point?

Perhaps I miss something but (a) that mainly seems like a paypal problem and (b) I'm struggling to see that KLM have actually done that much wrong.

Advertising goods in stock when no stock exists 

Hi

I have had this same problem from model shops and other retailers. They advertise item in stock you pay your money, then a week later no goods arrive, you give them a ring and they say awaiting supplier to deliver. I find a lot of shops now don't have the items in and rely on importers/suppliers to supply direct from there warehouse. The problems start when the suppliers do not have the item. I have been caught out a few times with these policies. When I ordered kits/radio and general shopping they came from the distributor/importer and I think that's why you can get free postage. My two penny's worth.

On 01/07/2021 at 11:42, Alan Hilton said:

I ordered a seagull models fly baby from Kings Lynn models yesterday evening ,as the we’re showing stock .I got a call this morning saying they were out of stock and no stock at the wholesalers .I  used paypal ,they refunded the payment but paypal will keep my money for about a week .So I can’t order one from another shop .What happened to honesty ?they should not show stock when they are out .I won’t use them again in a hurry 

At what point was the stock status shown?  There doesn't appear to be stock indicated anywhere on their site unless it's only disclosed after checkout registration.  If so then it doesn't impress me when you have to virtually complete an order to find out if the stuff is in stock.  KLM would be far from alone in this!

Arguments about retailers only having access to their suppliers stock ledger don't cut it as it's illegal for them to take your money if they don't have the goods being sold to you in their possession.  It may be different if they have their own warehouse separate from their retail unit.

Look at RCWorld (no connection to me) to see how it should be done.  I'm pretty sure they use an off-the-shelf EPOS package which updates all relevant ledgers when items are 'picked' for an order.

Edited by Mike T
typos