Thinners for Guild Chroma enamel paints

Enamel thinners Piers, and White Spirit, as jrman states.

Go for milk consistency, and try not to add too much thinner as there is a limit.

Do a test onto paper and see that your pressure and needle size results in good coverage, and wet on impact.

When spraying too far away, or too thin, then the paint can dry before hitting the target, like spraying powder

I don’t use enamel paints nowadays. Reason, claims of fuel proof are exaggerated.

I remember enamels that smell of white spirit, and also enamels that were not white spirit based.

For stress free, Nexus sell 

Guild Materials Coating Extras Enamel Thinners 125ml Tin GLDCEX1250125

sorry for the shout bit, that’s what the paste comes out as. 

i use wite spirit but you need to mix it well and not go mad otherwise it takes ages to dry. 

When it comes to fuel resistance, it gets better with age and i would leave it a good 2 months if you can before getting any oil on it. As a general guide, i sniff the paint. If it smells of paint, its not dry and needs more time before i get it all oily. 

I've tried both Rustins and PV67 and the PV67 was difficult to ensure it fully set without adding extra hardener, it may have been out of date. Rustins uses a higher proportion of hardener and sets without problems really quickly even when thinned to a spraying* consistency. I shall be using Rustins Plastic Coating from now on.

*Warning spraying requires special precautions.

Works for me

I clean fuel off frequently, but mainly divert exhaust,

Manufacturer says, 

This is a very popular fuel resistant finishing paint and it is now available in the Guild Lane fuel resistant Chroma colour palette. The rich colours apply with ease and leave a superb finish which is why they have been trusted by modellers for decades. Enamel based and requiring no additional fuel proofer for normal fuel usage provided that the surface is cleaned after each flying session.

The degree of fuel resistance will depend on the nitro content of the fuel to which it is exposed to with its fuel resistance reducing with higher nitro content fuels. You should Wipe off fuel as soon as possible to avoid blistering and always test your fuel on a paint swatch before exposure.