Wet wipes

Rich Griff

Advert

Also, I'm a big fan of the programme and marvel at the skills exhibited. I have to say that the boy with the wet wipes didn't impress as much as the other restorers. He said that it was a very delicate gluing job then proceeded to put a week's worth of CA on the repair with a big blunt sawn off nozzle of a superglue bottle. Hadn't he heard of precision applicators or microbore tubing?

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the programme as well.

Looked like an Abra file was used to cut the brass "key" for the model car, but where on earth can I get one from ?

Permanent grit do something similar but I need one with nipple ends to pass through a 5 mm hole, a butchered valve guide in a jap bike cylinder head head.

Any ideas about Abra file supplier ?

I will experiment with wet wipes.

Don't put wet wipes down drains, they will block them !!!

They are dangerously hot, my daughters came close to setting the place on fire when they were teenagers by leaving them on after use. 

Then the other day my 2 year old grand daughter [ child of my eldest ] got a very nasty burn on her leg when she pulled the cord and it fell off the side while mum was doing her hair.? it only touched for a mo.  Some never learn it seems.☹️

Edited by J D 8
extra info
  • Like 1