Lipos anybody?

China Hobby Line has been my preferred supplier of all things Lipo for a number of years. They have recently decided that the only warehouse that will supply to the UK .................is the UK!  Surprise, surprise virtually no stock. So for the short term at best, this resource seems to have dried up.

With the demise of HK.........what to do?

Rapid RC?, 4 Max?, Overlander, Motion RC?

Then there are the "budget brands", Flouron, Zeee, HRB, ZOP power etc. etc.

We have several newbies in our club who cannot run (or really need), higher spec. / quality Lipos.

I have got a couple of Zeee and Flouron packs which seem ok.

Does anybody any experience of the "Best of the Rest"?.

Early days yet, but I bought some ZOP batteries earlier this year, a 6s 3700 mah for an EDF (96amps WOT!) and a couple of 4s 3200 mahs, so far they seem OK, but haven't had more than 20 cycles on them.

I've also got some Overlanders and Purple Power (4max) and they are performing well too.

• Thanks 1

I had 3 ZOP 2200's and they proved to be good value.  (ZOP 2200 3S 30C)

They were used relentlessly in nearly all my models.

I didn't puff them, but when they reached the end of their lives, they would sag under load and let you know they'd had enough.

I used them from 2017 to 2020 and still have one on my workbench for when I need to quickly test an ESC or power a model to check the servos.

Hope this helps

KB

• Thanks 1

HRB are working well for a few of us, even on the small edf foamies some have. After a few weeks I would give the 10/10 and certainly show up my old nanotec's by a good margin.

Another thread someone seems to have issues with running packs in series, but as I don't its not a concern for me