Picoo Z indoor heli problem

hi guys, i have bought a Picoo Z indoor heli from inwood models, my work mate also bought one and we are both having the same problem.

the heli is always spinning to the left and requires full right stick to even keep it level. if i tap the trims when its up i can level it out but it only stays like this for about 5 seconds then reverts back to spinning to the left.

is their any reason why this is happening and how to solve it ?

thanks

Advert

They don't really hover without spining, I found the trick is to put some light weight on the nose to make it fly forward plus get it away from the ground, fly from a table or a box there seems to be less ground effect and it more stable. It's worth getting it flying right as there is hours of fun to be had. It also requires more trimming as the battery dies.

Hi guys, I found to get the best performance out of the Picoo Z is to stick a drawing pin in nose If you are really fussy then use a coloured one to match the colour scheme!

If due to pilot error you decide to land it behind the odd potted plant or TV then check the blades especially the rear rotor, pull it off and wipe the shaft with your thumb and finger. Even a spider web or hair will make it spin violently!

At all costs avoid long haired blondes with an attitude!

Happy flying

My pico actually flies very well (as well as can be expected...). The rotation that you describe happens once in a while, but cleaning the rear prop shaft and also bending the rear prop blades to increase or decrease angle, will help.

I added all the weight stickers that came with the chopper under the nose, which gives mine a steady pace forwards.

Lots of fun. Brought the copter to work; one flight and 10 colleagues had ordered one each.

Henning

• 3 months later...
From my expeierence that is what they do. Every one I have seen needs immediate trimming on start up after a charge, a slight adjustments during flight. All seem to benefit from nose weight, so that you go somewhere. I used the sticky nose weight supplied, others Blue Tack.

Grand daughter (2yrs) was awe struck. Just managed to save it from a King Kong moment.

Regards

Erfolg

I have had a ball with mine but the left hand spin is annoying. T o make it fly well you need, as has been said to keep the tail rotor clean. Check for tiny breaks in the tail blades nr the hub. ANY brake or deformity here will lead to bad spins.

Really work at the trims remembering that you have to "pulse" the control.

Make a new rear fin from plastic picknick plate that has a wider flange near the body of the machine. Make sure that this fin inclines to the right as seen from the rear.

This uses the down wash from the rotor to counter the spin, using the boom as a rotor blade to turn the heli the desired way. You have to experiment to find what is the ideal area/angle but is it worth It ! I can happily fly kitchen circuits and figure eights with ease (some times!) This is a very worth while tweak as it works proportionally with the rotor speed.. lol.

Use the three foil weights for spot landing games and had half a pea of blue tack for good forward flight. Does anyone know where to get spare tail rotors from?

Thing is I now wish for pitch, ie elevator control too, do think they will?

The only additional comment, that may be of any significance, is with regard to batteries.I have noted (after being told by others), when the batteries loose capacity, flight times reduce. Until a fresh set of batteries are used (NiCads have to low a voltage to fully charge.I have a broken fin on my boom, it does not seem to effect trim. Either there are subtle variations between identical models, or I am to insensitive to notice.Regards 

Erfolg

They do not like doing a left hand curcuit, as much as a right hand curcuit. They tend to loose height, during the left and gain during the right.

I guess it is a gyroscopic thing. I would think that some one will explain why.

Get to near the ceiling, and another effect kicks in, tends to move with determination onto the ceiling. Walls have similar effect, I think that one is called the Collander (if spelt correctly) effect (normally associated with rotating cylinders or chimneys with air passing them etc).

Regards

Erfolg