Copydex

Rich Griff

Advert

I've used it on veneer for foam wings, it is a contact adhesive which should be applied to both surfaces to be attached. Once it touches it can't be slid or removed so you have to be careful how it's applied. It dries quickly and it goes into rolls if rubbed it's unlike any other adhesive I've used. It can be purchased in large quantities from an art shop for moulding and is known simply as liquid latex.

Good tip, thanks Chris...

The areas of veener lifting I will mask off, pour in some copydex and press the veener down, held in place with some tap and then place wing panel in the foam core, wieght, and left for a day.

When done I will enquire as to the wings as I have no idea of what they are for....

If they cannot be identified ( that's Gunna be a challenge ! ) I will make a "bitsa"......anyways back to the grindstone ( lathe ) so I can have a pressing time later....

I use liquid latex to make flexible moulds when doing my antique ceramic restoration, the first few coats are put on neat then when dry the latex is bulked out using fine saw dust otherwise it takes forever, when using for veneers it is best to coat each surface then let go off then place together, if you pore in and tape the area it is likely not to go off or at least take a longtime to even show signs of going off with unknown strength, I can save a mixture for a week in a reasonably sealed container and it be perfectly usable, if it is a bubble of veneer that you are trying to repair rather than edges you are better using something that chemically cures, I use ZAP Z-POXY finishing resin as this is thinner and works a treat and is reliable, just so as you are aware, latex is good for new applications of veneer but not so reliable for repairs and it does degrade over time as you are seeing with the wing now, I have moulds from the last ten years that have all but disintegrated, I tend to use epoxy to veneer foam these days.