Foam board Marutaka B25 Mitchell 71" span

Eric Robson

Hi James, nice job on the Typhoon, more elaborate than mybuilds.

From what I can gather Toolstation won't be stocking anymore brown paper. It was used for masking cars  but it seems reusable plastic sheets are now in fashion. I  used brown Christmas wrapping from Tesco for the Whirlwind and part of the B25 it went on fine and the gold deer covered with 1 coat of paint. It is £1.50 a .roll £3 for 3, I only bought one as I thought the pattern would show through. I will get some more after Christmas when it may be cheaper.

Looking forward to seeing your Typhoon progress. 

Got the 1st coat of paint on,  B and Q mix olive drab tester pots have gone up in price from £3 to £4,  still great value one pot will paint up to 3 models. I am using the same motors as the Whirlwind and Me 110 but with a 4s instead of 3s battery.  It is 71" span and only weighs 2.6lb without motors and electrics so  it should fly more like a bomber than a fighter. 

B25 1st paint.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Andy 

It will be hand launched as it will be a long time before our strip will be cut, I did think of retracts but my other foam board models work well without them. I bought 6 Racestar 3536 950kv motors from Banggood 2yrs ago and they have been OK. I don't know what they are like now for delivery but the motors are still cheap from them. I built an Me110 that has 8x8 props and a Westland Whirlwind with 10x5.5 props, both on 3s with 40amp esc's. The B25 I will try 4s and 8x6 props. On my Foam board Me110 thread there is a video which shows how easy it is to hand launch.

Cheers Eric 

• Thanks 1

Hi Andrew, 

I used the Hobbycraft foam board for the lower skin and 5mm Maker foam for the top. I did not fit ribs just 3 spars. I have not made any progress since the last post mainly due to clearing the loft out I had a badly damaged P40 Warhawk which I was going to scrap but couldn't resist the challenge of bringing it back to life. Not much left but it's going together now. 20221226_093520.thumb.jpg.af205c7f8fb891f44ea869ff358792fa.jpg