NX8??????

Rocker

My DX8 has given me problems ever since I brought it with  little annoying problems but my DX6 has been faultless and no problems what so ever 

I like Spektrum radios and when they work you can not beat them .After all the little annoying problems with my DX8 .I can not trust it anymore .Hopping I just was unlucky with my DX8 and just had a duff one .I want to upgrade to the NX8 but reading some of the stuff on forums .The NX8 does not look trouble free Anyone out recommend the NX8 and just put the bad things I have read about the NX8 down to the rubbish that some people put on forums  or is it true about the problems with the NX8?????

Had my NX8 for about a year now and it's bloody excellent!

PROS

USB Charging

Wifi Updates
Easy to move models on and off.

Decent SD card provided and enough internal memory for loads of models too.

Pre made Model Templates.

Good quality sticks and switches.

Easy to use telemetry.

Excellent support from Spektrum with some worthwhile shortcuts.

BD Tennessee Youtube Channel shows loads of step by step videos on how to use all the best functions.

The method of typing stuff into the screen is better than the DX models.

More intuitive menus.

CONS

The colour screen is neither here nor there....You need to set a Hi-viz colour scheme to see it properly on summer days.

A bit pricey.

It's been no trouble.

• Thanks 1

I have adjusted the back light on for longer time as well.

I forgot to charge mine a while back and just pugged it in to the car USB while I drove to the field. So convenient.

I like the way the alphabet appears in a grid like a keyboard. When you're naming a model and you can easily scoot round and select the letters rather than scrolling through the whole thing. It's just easier to use. More intuitive.

I have also invested in the AR620 and AR410 receivers which are brilliant with no antennas to snag they are very reliable and provide some limited telemetry too.
I do think that Spektrum stuff is a bit boring and maybe they should try some different ergonomics; but I find it reliable and good quality. I know that's a "Marmite thing" and some people hate it!

Let us know how you get on Rocker!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Billinge said:

I forgot to mention; the NX8 I have, seems to be prone to putting models at the top of tall trees.

Also, it does have a reputation for mid air collisions.

Clearly, this is just my individual NX8 though.  😉

Have a look in the menu, there might be an option to land only in small trees😉

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...