Spektrum DX5i manual

david james 1

Advert

After a lot of messing around with a multi-meter and talking to the helpful man at Logic RC, it seems that the switch is not the problem, there is a fault in the motherboard.

The issue is that the TX does not enter the power-down routine when the stitch is turned off. It does seem to stop transmitting but the power-down routine saves the various settings that i had programmed in -servo reverse and a mix. Thus if I pull out a dry cell to turn it right off, it defaults to factory settings.

He said the motherboard is not available and unless I can find one from a scrapped set, the TX is for the bin. This wouldn't worry me too much as it was free but I have invested several £100s in an indoors model that I cannot use on my usual Futaba Tx.

Well if it's a faulty motherboard in an unused Tx than surely when it was sold it was not of " merchantable quality" and should be replaced by the vendors.   See Consumer Association website for advice. There is something about 7 years spares requirement for electrical stuff I think.    Worth trying a very firm attitude with the current service agents.   Bit difficult without the original invoice though.

I don't know much about electronics but I would suspect to retain the data when switched off that a button cell or nowadays a capacitor would be needed and that was the fault.  I would also guess that leaving a Tx for years unused could have caused the fault and that just leaving it for a few days with fully charged batteries might just do the trick.   Experts might comment?

Even if they fail to replace the Tx the old one might still be useful as a buddy box? 

Asking around your club might find someone who wants to sell a reliable DX6 to buy one with more features.  Otherwise consider replacing the indoor model's Rx with Futaba!

Edited by kc

• 1 month later...