Glider fuselage identification

Hello!

I recently bought this fuselage (wings missing) from a DSSC club sale thinking it might be a Chris Foss design but it seems it's not one of his 'phase' designs. It has an all-flying tailplane, a very large rudder, a pronounced tail skid shape, a pine nose skid, and seems to be wired for ailerons and flaps. It's 118cm long. Sadly, the previous owner/builder is deceased. Any ideas? many thanks!
David

IMG_20230405_140233.jpg

IMG_20230405_140318.jpg

IMG_20230405_140350.jpg

IMG_20230405_140413.jpg

IMG_20230405_140440.jpg

Edited by David Ramsden
added more info

20 hours ago, Wookman said:

It's not Foss or one of Stans @ Phoenix MP. Looking at the amount of curvature on the wing seat the wing would have been close to symmetrical. An aerobatic model rather than a soarer perhaps?

Hi Wookman. Yes I agree it probably had a symmetrical or semi airfoil. It's very much like Stan's Virage design but the tail outline and airfoil are different. I have emailed Stan to see if he can throw any light on it.

Hi Sierra was a shoulder wing design so don't think it's one of those. I think that they were Fibreglass fuselages as well - ones that  I came across back in the day all were.

Local model shop used to sell them as the ideal trainer for flat field soaring - not. Gave our club no end of problems

Edited by Cuban8

11 hours ago, Martin Hodgson said:

It could well be an own design.

I would draw up a wing, Eppler 374 wing section maybe, build and enjoy flying it.

I agree. High Sierra/Middle Phase/Phase 6 was a very common progression back in the day. This looks like someone drew round a friend's Phase 6, maybe got a set of wings cut at a club night and then based the tail group on what remained of his High Sierra. Don't know what happened to his Middle Phase though!