Connectors - Any idea what these are called and where I can get them from?

Advert

It does look like just a 2-way version of a standard servo plug. A JST power connector has chamfered corners on one side and a groove down the middle on the same side so it is polarised.

It should plug into a standard servo extension lead, just need to take care with the polarisation.

Mike

1 hour ago, Mike Blandford said:

It does look like just a 2-way version of a standard servo plug. A JST power connector has chamfered corners on one side and a groove down the middle on the same side so it is polarised.

It should plug into a standard servo extension lead, just need to take care with the polarisation.

Mike

Thanks guys, yes its a JST....Mike I did think of that until I get to the retract controller and then the std servo plug won't fit....

PS I really don't like making these up so just buy the ones with a short lead and then inline solder/heat shrink sleeve.

I still cannot see any chamfers or grooves in that connector. I assume you problem at the retract controller is it only has a 2-way socket so a servo extension won't plug in.

My suggestion then is to swap the existing 2-way housing for a 3-way housing from a servo extension lead, and put the 2-way housing on the end of the extension.

Look at the existing plug and you can see 2 tabs that are retaining the crimps in the housing. Using a pin, gently lift each tab up and pull the crimp out. Repeat this with the plug on the end of the extension. Then just push the crimps into the "other" housings.

Mike

I think these are DuPont connectors - I've just bought a kit of them - it wasn't much more to buy a kit than the few individual ones that I wanted.

They are common in electronics and computing.  They are similar but not the same as the JST plugs which have chamfered edges (making them polarised - you can only plug them in one way) where these are squared.

I bought these

2.54mm Dupont Crimp Connector Single Row Header Pin Terminal Housing Kit 310pcs | eBay

Do you have a crimp tool or do you need them with leads already attached.  By the way the male connectors come in two guises either as a header strip (which isn't in that kit) which would typically be soldered to a PCB but can be connected to wires, or as plug similar to what is in your photo but with pins sticking out (they are in the kit - using the same plastic housing as used for the female connectors).

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heather