Spektrum AR620; Output channel change.

Basil

I have experienced my AR620 changing the named channel  to another named output. For instance the rudder has become aileron, aileron becomes elevator, elevator becomes rudder. I can change around the outputs to get the surfaces to work correctly but only by using the incorrect named/labelled channel. But should this happen I am reluctant to use it in case of a failure. Has anybody else had this happen?.

I am puzzled.The RX has been tried  on various other channels, with the same result.!!!!!

Bas 

2 hours ago, Basil said:

I have experienced my AR620 changing the named channel  to another named output. For instance the rudder has become aileron, aileron becomes elevator, elevator becomes rudder. I can change around the outputs to get the surfaces to work correctly but only by using the incorrect named/labelled channel. But should this happen I am reluctant to use it in case of a failure. Has anybody else had this happen?.

I am puzzled.The RX has been tried  on various other channels, with the same result.!!!!!

Bas 

Sounds much more likely to be due to the transmitter than the receiver. On the DX9, for instance the default Chanel Assignment can be changed, during the System SetUp stage of preparing a model for use. 1maybe check your settings for that particular model memory.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brian Cooper said:

This is very odd. 

Are you 100% sure it is the receiver and not the transmitter? 

Try binding a different Rx to the same model memory which is causing the grief to see if the channels behave in the same way as the "rogue" Rx. 

At least this will highlight which unit is playing up. 

I have tried using a different RX, works OK.Bas

• Like 1

14 hours ago, leccyflyer said:

Sounds much more likely to be due to the transmitter than the receiver. On the DX9, for instance the default Chanel Assignment can be changed, during the System SetUp stage of preparing a model for use. 1maybe check your settings for that particular model memory.

I will try and see what the Tx memory has in store. I have not got any idea what to look for, I am not exactly techno. I am only just learning about all of the aspects of the TX's that are usable. I have made no attempt to adjust the various options that are available .I have tried using a different channel set up but still the same. This would indicate that it is the RX.

BasBas

Edited by Basil

2 hours ago, Basil said:

I will try and see what the Tx memory has in store. I have not got any idea what to look for, I am not exactly techno. I am only just learning about all of the aspects of the TX's that are usable. I have made no attempt to adjust the various options that are available .I have tried using a different channel set up but still the same. This would indicate that it is the RX.

BasBas

In the System Set Up menu you should have an option called Channel Assign, which you will need to check that the channel assignments are the same as on your other models, with other receivers.

For Spektrum 6 channel receivers the default channel order is

Bind/Battery - 0

Throttle - 1

Aileron -2

Elevator - 3

Rudder -4

Gear - 5 (can also be set to AUX for a 2nd aileron servo)

Flaps - 6 - (can also be set to AUX for a 2nd aileron servo)

• Like 1

Leccyflyer, It does not matter which channel you use, its the same. I have stated this earlier.

The channel uses I have differ from yours.(AR620)

Batt

ESC

Rud

Elv

Ail

Gear

Flap

I cant remember where I got these but I have another AR620 and the channel uses correspond to the above.!!!

I think those you have given are for the AR600 version, but thats a suggestion only!!!!!

I will have to check your values against the values I have.

Thanks  Bas

Edited by Basil

15 hours ago, leccyflyer said:

Basil 

I have about thirty models with AR620s and they all follow the Spektrum default of TAER for the first four channels on the receiver. Well all the ones with four channels do anyway.

hello, I was unaware that their was a default value!!.This puts things in a completely different prospective.  I dont know where my original designation came from .. I will check out one of my AR620 outputs and report back. the values I have been taking as normal are on an RX in everyday use on my trainer.???

Bas

11 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Basil, have you gone into system setup/ channel assign, on the transmitter, and looked at what the transmitter is set to for the memory you are using. This is the reason your reciever is not as expected. Leccy flyer went through the procedure in the transmitter menus

Don, I dont know the first thing about channel swapping. Please see my comments just made re; TAER defaults.

Bas

ALL, jsut tested my unused AR620, the one in question.It corresponds to the default of TAER.I can only suppose that the other one in use follows an alternative, I will dig the model out and check. I was not aware of the anagram TAER. I have learnt another vital piece of information.Sorry to have clouded the issue.

Bas

21 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Bas

To reiterate, the channel order is governed by the settings in your transmitter, for that particular model memory. If you go to

System Setup

Channel Assign

You will be able to see which function on the transmitter is assigned to each channel

Leccy, mine is a DX7S, I cant find channel assign in that option.Bas

23 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Bas

To reiterate, the channel order is governed by the settings in your transmitter, for that particular model memory. If you go to

System Setup

Channel Assign

You will be able to see which function on the transmitter is assigned to each channel

Leccy, I havea DX7s, I cant find a 'Channel assign' on mine.I have been thru' the hand book and there does not appear to be an option that corresponds.I will have to check the actual model set up and report back.Bas

Leccy, mine is not one of the latest, I think you have a modern DX7. There does not appear to have a heading for channel allocation in the TX handbook.There is reference to 'switch select', but it only seems to cover, trainer/Fmode/gear/flap/knob. I will speak to some one at the club and see if any of the spektrum users can shed any light.

I have checked my trainer installation and it conforms to the TAER order.I set it up by making/breaking connections rather that follow the notes that I had made. So there is no need to panic over what I thought had happened. What I cant fathom out is where I got the original note re the order from.It came from the internet somewhere.

TAER I will have to remember , I think I will after this. Many thanks to you and those of you that replied.

thanks.

Bas.