Blokes Rugby Union World Cup.

Don Fry

6 minutes ago, Zflyer said:

Whilst the Irish areof course squeaky clean!!!

I didn't say or imply that.  I saw a video of an All Black piece of cheating where one of their jumpers at a line out jumped sideways as if he'd been pushed out by the opposition - England as it happens.  NZ were awarded a penalty, scored and won the match.  There was no video referee in those days.  When asked if he would do it again the AB said "Yes".  That's what I mean!  By any standards, that is blatant cheating.  This is a game with rules not war.

Edited by Peter Jenkins

Looking ahead, England really ought to beat Fiji.  After that, I have my doubts that they will win a semi final as they will be up against either France of South Africa.

France v South Africa looks like being a very difficult one to call.  To me, it rather sounds like the final!  My feeling is that whom ever wins this encounter is favourite to win the RWC. 

NZ ought to beat Argentina but unless NZ can up their game I cannot see them beating either of France or SA.

Based on what I've seen so far, I would say the final will be between either France or SA vs New Zealand with NZ losing!

10 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Impressive response by Ireland and good to see NZ penalised for foul play.  They are very good at hiding their misdemeanors!

They're all professional sportsmen, so will look to take any advantage they can get. Twas ever thus.  

Wales v Argentina was OK; NZ v Ireland was excellent.

Think England will beat Fiji, and I'm hoping SA beat France...... if only because of the awful bias shown by the commentators who fawn over move, tackle, step, or yawn the French team make.

Personally, having got all my predictions wrong yesterday, gobby here is keeping schmmmm. But between labours this evening, missus will make braised duck legs on boulongère potatoes with green beans and kale. I have some nice burgundy to go with it. So someone has to suffer. Be a bit selfish to not shout “allez les bleus”.