Blokes Rugby Union World Cup.

Don Fry

Just informed Swmbo of the TV schedules this weekend. Pointed out, gently,  I watch a lot of her drivel. Conversation ends. Some muttering. She might be acquiring extra cooking duties, so I can’t be too pushy. She used to be a big boss. 
Given the size, speed, and careless or reckless tackles, I just hope I am not signing up to the sports equivalent of the Roman contests, with the dead being pulled off to continue the games. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Be some great Rugby on show, very little from England I expect.

Probably very true, but you never know they could prove you wrong. When they start to play as a team of 15 they will win!

Come on England!

Ireland are in with a very good chance, they are  playing very, very well at the moment and deserve to win.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Just informed Swmbo of the TV schedules this weekend. Pointed out, gently,  I watch a lot of her drivel. Conversation ends. Some muttering. She might be acquiring extra cooking duties, so I can’t be too pushy. She used to be a big boss. 

HD smart TVs are getting cheaper all the time - maybe time to add an additional screen to your house to help maintain marital harmony?!! 🙂

16 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Be some great Rugby on show, very little from England I expect.

6 hours ago, Outrunner said:

Probably very true, but you never know they could prove you wrong. When they start to play as a team of 15 they will win!

Come on England!

Ireland are in with a very good chance, they are  playing very, very well at the moment and deserve to win.

5 hours ago, Don Fry said:

I fancy France. I have not committed treason and told my neighbours.

France vs. New Zealand tonight, and then gain in the final I suspect... If that happens I am predicting France to win today, but bottle it and get edged out in the final. As an Englishman this is about the only way I can think about this WC with a positive spin...! 🙂

3 hours ago, MattyB said:

HD smart TVs are getting cheaper all the time - maybe time to add an additional screen to your house to help maintain marital harmony?!! 🙂

Yes, being an ex boss, she maintains an office, sewing room (Gran was a high end dressmaker) ( mind, never knitted me a Mutley pilot figure), there is a very nice tv in there. I think I offended by suggesting, despite being right, that she watches, or has on, drivel. Accepted, she is a world class baker, but she does rely on me with books of recipes in head. Get yer cook book out missus. My knives are idle for some matches, accepted, quite a lot. I did say I will continue to keep her knives sharpish. Another small source of friction. She does not care for knives, hence does not use mine.

Not boring mind

Edited by Don Fry

5 hours ago, Don Fry said:

John Stones, you lie like a cheap watch. Your heart sank when as expected that yellow turned red.
Respect to the rump that ran themselves into the ground. I thought Argentina were better than that.

I enjoyed it, scrum was good, defence was good, breakdown was good, high kicks were better and we competed for em, scoring tries, we've work to do.

Did anyone notice the drone, elevated camera footage of the scrum. Scots scrum just took up less acreage. No way back from there given some skill and speed from those giants. 
I like Scotland, never question their desire. But can’t win behind a beaten pack, last world cup final told us that. 

20 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Did anyone notice the drone, elevated camera footage of the scrum.

No because, there isn't one - it would be too dangerous, as a stray ball could end up with it falling on the players, ref or crowd. It's actually a spider cam controlled via 4 wires strung to the corners of the stadium with motors on the end, all computer controlled to move it to target locations over the pitch. They are very common in high end sports coverage now, though sometimes cause the odd issue...

Here's an entertaining video of the Sky Cricket commentators playing with one earlier this summer...