Blokes Rugby Union World Cup.

Don Fry

I think the rules already make it a farce.
It’s dangerous to boost in the line out, illegal for many years, then it’s OK, but it’s illegal to interfere until he is back on the ground. Bonkers.

Kick off ball, can’t tackle until catcher is grounded, not don’t jump, stay on the ground. 
And it goes on. A mixture to conflicting attempts to prevent head injury, with efforts to create ballet.

On 08/09/2023 at 14:53, MattyB said:

HD smart TVs are getting cheaper all the time - maybe time to add an additional screen to your house to help maintain marital harmony?!! 🙂

My wife and I are often watching the same cycling grand tour (Gyro Tour, or Vuelta) at the same time but each of us on our own desk top PC (the only TV we own is in our caravan and that's used for radio 90% of the time).  Strangely enough there's often a significant time lag between our programmes though both are from Discovery+ (now Eurosport on-line seems to have stopped). 

8 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Lots of the 'undershirts' seem to have padding already....

I can easily see compulsory headgear before the next world cup.

Sorry GG, poor wording in my rant, not so far back, it was illegal. Then padding was allowed. Compulsory headgear, ummm, rule of the giants methinks.

I’m glad you enjoyed that fest. I on the other hand never stopped all day, shmbo disappeared this afternoon, shopping with mate, inc a light lunch, these shops do so tire. Also the exhaustion drove from her mind she was going to finish dinner, so everything ended up timed for half time. 
Agree with England.

Relax now for the main dish to come. I still fancy France, but if the winners tonight meet again, I reckon the memory sticks, same again next time.