The Multiplex Mentor

aidan mcatamney

Great flying model from Multiplex.   Now discontinued like so many other good models.  Ive had this plane for a good while now but have only ever flown it on water with the float set i bought for it at the time of purchase.   To jazz it up a bit i soldered together a few different lengths of coloured lights and the reflection on the water is very picturesque.   One thing i do intend to do soon is remove the floats and add the landing gear which is taildragger configuration and fly it off grass at our club field.  It does make a very good float plane and im sure it will equally make for a good aircraft on land also.   

2016_08_27_20_13_42_33f615e09578ed6964f0a89ee139c8bad632cd6b.jpg

The Mentor is a superb model and flies so steadily and majestically. My clubmate Charlie flies one occasionally and I'm always super impressed with how well behaved the model is. IF MUltiplex have ever produced a duff model, I've never seen one *

*Notwithstanding the initial issue with the thrustline on the very first TwinJets, which was quickly sorted out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, aidan mcatamney said:

Yes, great model Steve.  You never know when someone might be selling a brand new one in the box.  Just keep looking on line and fingers crossed.  

There's one for sale in North Yorkshire, but it's £130.00 and collect only. No power pack, or floats.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, 3DJIM said:

I have one for sale, £150 with new motor and esc, all servos ready to go, based in Devon collection only. Email me for pics 👍

Jim.

Hi Jim and the very best of luck with the sale of your Multiplex Mentor.  I still have mine and still flying it almost ten years later. I have mine on floats for all that time and never flew it off grass but maybe one I will soon.  Kind regards Aidan 

19 minutes ago, aidan mcatamney said:

Hi Jim and the very best of luck with the sale of your Multiplex Mentor.  I still have mine and still flying it almost ten years later. I have mine on floats for all that time and never flew it off grass but maybe one I will soon.  Kind regards Aidan