Hello from Los Angeles

Mike Myers

20 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Welcome mike,

David Is this your first model ?.

No!! Why do you ask? I built it in 2020 with my partner Miss Blue Eyes. It was the second Super 60 I built and I bought another one, a Penn Models Super 60. These were available as an ARTF long before ARTFs were even thought of. Most were finished with Cub Yellow fuselages and red wings and tails.

4th June 2023.JPG

Miss Blue Eyes Gets On With It 1.jpg

Penn Models Super Sixty.JPG

Penn Super 60.JPG

Super 60 Merco 35 up.JPG

2 hours ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

The badly aligned elevator surface and the angle of the sullivan controlling it,, :classic_cool:

"sorry",,,

It wasn't finished when the picture was taken, note the unconnected closed loop cable to the rudder. I'll have to check whether the elevator lines up. It flies ok, I was even filmed flying it but I can't find the video at the moment. We've got a perfectionist in our club too.

Found the video but you'll have to put up with me trying to trim out an over-powered Radio Queen first. Please make allowance for English not being the cameraman's first language.

Mike Myers, just in case you didn't know a Radio Queen was the first model aeroplane to cross the English Channel between England and France in September 1955.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx8MphHxj9U

Mike, welcome to the forum.    This has got a bit off track - but that's what happens!   ( it's the French based Englishmen joking with each other! )

I think many on the forum would be interested to hear what aeromodellers are doing in LA or California nowadays, so let us know.

• Like 4