Fly sky Caio question 2

Fly Boy 3

Looking at the connections, the bind plug goes in the rightmost connection, marked B/VCC. Plugs in vertically, like a servo connection.

As the normal power connection will thus be occupied, just plug the battery in at any free channel during the bind process.

Got it , thanks all. Wonder if this electric  newby can ask another question.  Can any one show a picture of correct/ best positioning and orientation of the two long antenna of the above receiver when positioned in model.  Thank you

9 hours ago, Fly Boy 3 said:

should they be also on the same axis or one vertical and the other horizontal.

Presumably you meant on the same (geometrical) plane. The answer is it does not matter. The idea is that, as your plane can be in all kind of stances relative to the transmitter, there is always one antenna in a better orientation than the other one, in the worst case one is "dead" as it points to the Tx, and the other one has full reception.

As for the transmitter, I believe in the "donut" signal strength pattern with the antenna poking through the hole, and thus bend my Tx antenna sideways (for flying planes at least, boats and other vehicles may be different).

Edit: it occurred to me that you probably have a FlySky (i6?) transmitter which does not have an external antenna.  AFAIK FlySky caters for that by having two antennae inside the case, at right angles to each other, but that does not take away the requirement to have the Rx antennae at right angles...

Edited by Max Z

Hi Max and GG, thanks for your input and answers. Yes I am using the i6 radio.I had read too regarding the ends of antennas do the business lol.

Bit of a learning curve with this new radio and at my age it’s a slow job, but with great forum friends with all the answers I am confident.  Cheers

• Like 1