Phoenix RC install issues New Windows 11 PC

Roy Thompson

Recently upgraded to a new ASUS i7 pc with Windows 11, and GeForce RTX3070 graphics card. I'm now trying to install Phoenix RC on it, but it will not launch.

I've installed the latest Direct X, updated the graphics card drivers, tried with and without compatibility settings, and installed and uninstalled the Sim more times than I care to mention. Have trolled through all the forums but cannot find an answer.

What am I missing?

P.S. My old machine is Windows 10 and Phoenix is all good. I don't recall having any big issues when I installed it on this machine, but it was a long time ago. Don't really want to hold on to the old PC just for this one Sim, but if needs must😆.

Screenshot Phonenix RC 2.jpg

My Phoenix does work on Windows 11, but I have to follow this sequence for it to launch.

Assume the Phoenix is installed and the computer is now OFF.

Get the transmitter, which is also Off, and plug in its Phono lead plug.

The transmitter will then come on.

Now put the other USB end into the computer.

Now switch on the computer and allow loading to finish.

Now try to launch Phoenix.

1 hour ago, Denis Watkins said:

My Phoenix does work on Windows 11, but I have to follow this sequence for it to launch.

Assume the Phoenix is installed and the computer is now OFF.

Get the transmitter, which is also Off, and plug in its Phono lead plug.

The transmitter will then come on.

Now put the other USB end into the computer.

Now switch on the computer and allow loading to finish.

Now try to launch Phoenix.

Just given that a try, thanks Denis, but no joy.

It's going to be something stupid and so simple, I just know it!

Went back to my original Phoenix Rc PC-DVD and installed a copy from there with Direct X selected, but the Direct X part failed. So downloaded a new copy of the V5.5 DVD from RC Thoughts.com and did as you suggested. The good news is I have a working copy now, but it's V2.5 rolleyes.gif

I was hoping that the other copy of V6.0i would now run, but no, that's just too easy. So I assume my next step is, uninstall the sim and start again.

I'm making the assumption that as V2.5 runs that Direct X has installed satisfactorily and by uninstalling and re-installing the sim it won't affect Direct

Screenshot 2024-02-19 100343.png

I'm pleased that I have my sim up and running on the new PC, one less thing I need the old one for. smile.gif

So to round up, and install successfully on a new Windows 11 PC;
Download a copy of the installation V5.5 DVD from RCThoughts.com. Then install the directX that is on the installation DVD
Map: Phoenix DVD V5.5\files\#INSTALL\utilities\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe and run it as administrator.

Following that, install the sim as normal and add the updates as required. smile.gif

Screenshot 2024-02-19 113634.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 120057.png

• Like 1