The new site

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

• 2 weeks later...
DAVID - every time I try to send you a message I get a window telling me that the 'nickname isnt recognised' which is 'David Ashby-RCME/moderator' or simular, uit just wont send messages direct to you.
What I wanted to send was this -
Hi David,
                 problems with the Albums section, deleted photos show up as a square with a little red cross so they are not actually deleting everything 100% because if you hover the cursor on the square you still get the description.

I am also having problems with uploading photos, cant do it into a message on a thread and cant find any way to upload to my album either, only had these problems since we moved to the new site,

best regards,    Terry

Hi David / Tim here's a quick summery of the irks I'm experiencing still
1) Random time out. every now and again I find I've been logged out in the middle of writing a post and not all long ones either.
2) View last post 1st func. only works from the forum main page but not the "my bookmarks" func
3) I am still not getting Email notifications to my bookmarked threads
4)Albums. There isn't a "move to next pic" when viewing an album its tiresome having to click the back button on my browser to get to the next picture in someones album.
5) the info panel next to each of my bookmarks purports to describe the date/time/author of the most recent post in the thread. wrong it shows the correct date/time mostly then just picks a name at random

That's about it at min generally its working well and for me the real annoying point is the email thing

and
5) You cant acsess someones album from clicking on thier name, you have too trawl through all the albums . . .  

Although im sure you're glad to hear I have come to like the look of the new website, I now know you can't change it cos its like that on all the other Magicalia (whats it changes to?!) forum websites.

I have that using IE6 at work too, but the post is added to the thread ok. I have noticed that when I start a new thread it doesn't happen.
When it happens, I just click back a few times to get back to the thread and refresh to check that the post has worked.

On another issue, I see that the "last post" column shows wrong data for sticky threads. I think it shows the last poster as the admin that made the post sticky.

Quick message to David seems the issue with my email notifications is resolved came back today in bulk some from several days ago lol not had chance see if I get logged out at random intervals yet will just have to wait and see on that one

cheers for what ever was done

Just found an odd bug, totally by mistake. It's pretty low priority I think!

Somehow I had someone on my forum block/ignore list (I have no memory of putting them there, I probably I mis-clicked on it instead of the "edit post" button below it - I blame my mouse! ) and I still received email notification of their posts, when I went to the forum, their posts weren't visible. (see this thread)

I suppose that if you did want to ignore someone, you probably wouldn't want emails with their messages in sent to you.

Also, I do still get the message about passing thread ID when posting on MSIE 6, but not consistently.

Thanks for all the work - the site is rapidly improving.