The new site

Advert

Incidentally I found out that you can edit your posts for up to 30 mins after leaving the post. Just so you all know.

I had a meeting with Mark, our web developer. There's lots to do on the site including adding things the old site didn't have as well as putting a few features in place that are missing.

The classifieds are not working at the moment as some may have found, pics missing too. The product review section needs some work, again missing pics although it can be used.

The missing forum tools will follow soon so watch this space.

Thanks to everyones continuing understanding, all in all things seem better to me but there are still fixes required here and there. We knew we had a big task getting the sites up and running within the timescale, perhaps in retrospect we underestimated the task but there you go, my sincere apologies and again thanks to everyone for their support.

Hi there, when I hit the 'Tutorial Archive' button it takes me to page 4368, so far so good.
On page 4368, when I click on 'the full archive is here' it takes me back to page 2, which is where I just came from!
Is there anywhere I can look for an 'in depth' explanation of the different types of receiver? It seems that different types have different ranges (sensitivities). I'd like to know which is which.

Thanks

Tony Prince

Tony

That's not a problem with the site. All new articles have a small 60x60 icon that will go into one of the features categories so even items like the one you mention have to go somewhere. I've moved it in fact to 'more features' now.

The front page news piece was simply try to help people find articles on the site. I get lots of requests from people who never notice the 2nd tab along from the top and so can't find the articles they seek.

It is getting better,and Im liking it more each day,I can do the photos through the album fine and it logs me in straight away now still losing some photos but they mostly pop back from tie to time and then go walk about for a while again. I have noticed in putting pics in the album they sometimes pop up in places others have vacated and sometimes in multiples so its fun to see what where.Posting puctures has become very easy so its getting there,well done

I'm sorry to say I have not found the new site user friendly from the word go, and can second all the above problems .
It refused to accept my password, and refused to accept two separate passwords given me,  I had to open a new account to access.

I think it a shame the old site had to be recycled, To me it's lost that  'well thumbed book
feel'

Unfortunately, and unless somebody can list otherwise, at the moment I have seen no change to the site other than losses to valuable features e.g. go to last post that we previously had and the random appearance of photos depending on the position of the moon,again a loss.

Still being patient, but can't understand how it can be said to be better

Hamish, this thread is for reporting new faults, we're well aware of the issues previously listed at the top of the thread.  

I'm perfectly happy to admit that until we've sorted these issues out then the new site is no better but it won't be better unitl we've added new features not seen
on the old site.

Oops

When I come back in I have to log on and end up with my details page? re-enter the site and it appears ok.I do not no if this is a new problem without trawling through to find out.

Can I repeat my previous suggestion that moderators maintain a sticky with known faults, action taken/to be taken and a date  and this will provide a ready reference

Pictures.Upto  now things have been progressing,but today Ihave found a problem Im trying to upload fresh photographs but it repeatedly uploading the wrong ones.I delete all photographs from my camera everyday because its used with my work.When I do fresh photos they start 001. Is it possible that the programme is choosing previous 001 photos although I have loads and normally seems to work from the date on a file.Im choosin todays file and selecting each photo from that file but still different photos are selected.Ive tried selecting pictures from previouslly dated files but still the wrong photos are being selected.It was fine yesterday and its not selecting yesterdays photos aliitle confusung then!

I think your right David ill try to have 10 or so photos in my camera and use higher no.s see if that works ,however the photos aremoving around, even if Imake a new album the new photographs get added to all the other albums as well and  photos that ive named have either moved or disappeared and different photos take there place so its all a bit of a muddled confusion at the moment ,but fun at the same time