A2204                                     rated at 7A
Max CF2822                           rated at 16A
Keda A2215M                        rated at  16A

All very cheap

Het Typhoon 2912/10 Vector   rated at 30A
Het 15/10                                    rated at 20A
Tornado 3618/1200                   rated at 30A
Tornado 2025/4243 + epi gearbox rated at 20A

The last lot cost a lot more than the first lot.

To be honest there is not apparently that much difference.

I have much the same with speed controllers. Although if you need fine control, as with helicopters, you need the higher cost contrllers, as they appear to give smaller power increments.

I but most of my stuff from "Giant Cod", "BRC" and Overlander, plus some stuff from United Hobbies (HK).

Erfolg

Simon

As usual there is not an easy answer to your question. There is often a minimum postage charge. If comparing HK sources to UK, they are not necessarily that different, particularly on small amounts.

My point is that on small value items, of low weight. It perhaps is not that significant where you purchase. On some items such as chargers, it is often cheaper to buy from HK, even with postage. If duty is due then the gap narrows. When buying from HK I try to keep each purchase to less than £18. With the Pound Sterling tumbling, you do not get much now for less than £18.

The motor you mentioned is also cheap from BRC.  

I would re-state, that most cheap motors perform remarkly well, the quality is also good. Some makes can be compared favourably with the likes of Axi and Hacker, they may not be quite as good, but worthy of discussion. The differences can be like trying to determine which is the better, a Ford against a Renault. Certainly the differences are not that of a Larda to a Rolls-Royce.

Erfolg

• 4 weeks later...
It may be late in the day Tim but the Purple Power motors are great and I think fantastic value for money.

I have one of their inrunners in my funjet which performs great. The motor is exactly the same spec as the recommended one by Multiplex but is a thrid of the cost.

They also do ESC and motor combos also for brilliant value.

The website is www.4-max.co.uk

Dom

You'll find BRC difficult to beat for advice and purchase, they'll make sure you get compatible parts. Very very helpful on the phone, and real advice rather than out to make the most money. Also any problems and they're quick to sort out. You might save a few coppers in Hong Kong but that's all, and if you've got a problem

The numbers alone can often be meaningless TBH - look up the motor ( google is your friend ) find the specs, and then look for similar. The important data is Kv and wattage or current handling. I believe the original is an outrunner and may also have been mated to gearbox too - most unusually.

Yes I tried goggle and put the motor number in.  It just came up with the plane complete with motor.
The original recommends 2 cell Li-Po - 15A speed controller - prop 7"x4" and a flying weight of 18oz / 500g.  I'm unsure of what to replace it with as all the electric jargon is sooooooooooo confusing.

I have a 30A speed controller - just in case!