Aims for 2007

JFH

I'm just looking to improve my flying every time I head out (I'll never be a champion pilot!), and most of all to enjoy myself. But do any of you have any specific aims for the coming year? Is there a particular model you're looking to build or a new technique to master?

Advert

Hello JFH,

Yes, I'm making my big "come back" to model flying this coming Year, after many years absence. I'm about to join my local Club, here in Northampton, and my first model will be the Ben Buckle Junior 60 Electric.All sounds very exciting.
How long have you been flying - what was your very first R/C model?

Hi guys,

I too have 'come back' to modelling, did control lines in the early sixties, but now retired & have the time, not so much cash though...

Joined a local Hampshire club, Waltham Chase, last January, like you JFH, I'll never be a champion pilot, I'm just looking to improve & enjoy my flying every time the weather coincides with our field access days.

So far I,ve totaled three Tutor 40's & have recently finished assembling a Thunder Tiger 40, test flown two weeks ago.

So my aims for this year is to pass the B Certificate & get down to some scale modeling with a maximum wing span of 65".
Not sure what I'll start with, probaly a high winger.

I have started building our club designed 40 size pattern ship with the express purpose to work at & pass the 'B' cert. It's an all balsa contruction, my first 'balsa bashing' for forty years, should be interesting! It will also be good experience for when I get into the scale models.

Let me know when it happens Brian, I'd like a few photos from that one.

RCM&E recently sponsored an Air Cadet squadron with a traditional model kit, engine and radio, to encourage them to have a go and help the resident instructors teach the theory of flight etc. After 18 months of part-time building under the watchful eye of some dedicated local model club members, the trainer's now finished and ready for flight. The whole squadron's due to turn out for the test flight and a morning of buddy-box training with the Maidstone club, very soon. Personally, I think this kind of thing is terrific PR for the hobby and should be actively encouraged. Likewise your idea Brian. The Air Cadet thing should make quite a nice little article for us, too.

For 2007 I will be building and learning to fly a Mini Titan helicoptor by Thunder Tiger.
To prepare me for this my wife has paid for me to go in a "real" one tomorrow! How cool is that.
Its great to see the site up and running and after reading the mag for a few years its made even better by seeing all these familiar names at the top of posts.
Keep up the good work and all the best for 2007.

• 4 years later...
That was my thinking how did it all pan out.Yes David my sleep pattern seemed to have stabilised into a good place but suddenly its gone all over the place didnt feel tired for ages so read until I fell asleep then awoke a bit late.Woese still I have an automatic clock the sets itself and i had bought 2 .The first one died the other night,.I put the 2nd one in its place and it happily picked up the signal and set itself 22 minutes slow, im confused.